Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Design does not update Equivalence Value

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
DannyvanDuijn
475 Views, 4 Replies

Copy Design does not update Equivalence Value

After performing a Copy Design (Vault Pro 2013 SP1) with the option 'Update PartNumber' active will result in a link with the original item when assigning the files to items instead of a new item.

The property 'Equivalence value' has the value of the orignal file and not the new value of the copied file.

This property is used to determine of the item already exists or not.

Workaround: Open file and change the property PartNumber to the same value it already is. Then a new item will be created. I have to do this for all files.

How can this be avoided? I use the default property mapping of Vault for the partnumber linked to Item numbering.

Thanks,

Danny

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi Danny,

I tried the following workflow and it works for me. May be I am missing something. 

1. Create a Part (Part A) with Part Number 001. Saved and Checked in

2. Assigned Item - Item number 001

3. Did Copy Design Part A with "Update part number for Copied files" option Checked.

4. New File is Part B

5. Assigned item to Part B and a New Item Number - Part B- gets assigned.

Is this the workflow you are trying as well? If not could you please let me know the exact steps or a video showing the workflow?

Thanks!

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 3 of 5

I follow exactly the same procedure, but do not have the same results as you.

When I open the file update the property then the results are all right. Very strange. It seems to me that there is an update required or something like that?

Tried also with a 'Synchronize Properties' in Vault. Without succes.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Note:

The property Part Number is renamed in Vault. I will try the original name of the property.....

Danny

Message 4 of 5
Neil_Cross
in reply to: DannyvanDuijn

I've just hit this exact same problem, Vault 2013 SP1 Update 2.  A year later, why did this thread suddenly go quiet?

Message 5 of 5
Neil_Cross
in reply to: Neil_Cross

FYI I found the problem, in 10 minutes I found the problem, thanks and a big shout out to the forum moderators who just ignored this for a year and clearly didn't expend any effort whatsoever to try and troubleshoot it past the point of "I cant see a problem".

Basically the problem is due to people manually editing the Inventor browser node name of the parts & assemblies.  If someone has manually edited the browser node that will stick to the part and screw up the equivalence checking in Vault.

To fix this,

1) Check out the part or assembly with the issue.

2) Click the Inventor browser node name twice, slowly, so that you initiate a rename.

3) Press the space bar *ONCE*, then press return.

This will reset the browser node back to being dynamically managed by Inventor, check it back in and you should be sorted.

This is a problem that will cascade and snowball in Vault as parts are copied and copied and copied, so best **** it in the bud straight away.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report