Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Design Bug -> Equivalence Value Corrupt

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Neil_Cross
430 Views, 6 Replies

Copy Design Bug -> Equivalence Value Corrupt

I've attached a video (rename file extension to .mp4), it's only 1 minute long.  But can someone please be so kind as to reproduce the exact steps in your own Vault and see if you see the same behaviour?

I've heavily customised the Vault & Inventor here but I've disabled most if not all of the add-ins, and what's happening here is crippling the engineers & draftys.  This is massively problematic.

Essentially, these are the steps:

1) Create a blank IPT

2) Manually overwrite the browser node, type in whatever you want 'MANUALLY TYPED INTO BROWSER NODE!' is what I typed.

3) Check into Vault

4) *Optional* Assign Item to that empty part, it should be all good so far

5) Copy Design the empty part and give it a new name, update part number.

6) Assign Item to the new copied part, the given Item number and equivalence value is 'MANUALLY TYPED INTO BROWSER NODE!' which is what I manually typed into the browser node of the very first part.

These are the equivalence value mappings for my Vault.

EV.png

If you see different behaviour, can you please let me know ASAP?

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
tmoney2007
in reply to: Neil_Cross

I'll test it out, but I can tell you that the "Component Name" is the header of the browser, so that must be where it is coming from. What happens if you unmap component name and just leave part number?

Message 3 of 7
Neil_Cross
in reply to: tmoney2007

I haven't tried altering the mapping.  The mapping list is in order though, it should always use Part Number first then go to Component Name if Part Number doesn't exist.  Regardless, in the steps above the first item assignment does use the Part Number, then after the copy design it uses the manually typed browser node.

It's been reproduced by the Vault QA team and as far as I know verified as a bug.  Whether it's a glitch in Inventor or Vault, I dunno yet.

Message 4 of 7
achintam
in reply to: Neil_Cross

Hi Neil,

We can reproduce the issue and we are actively looking into finding the root cause for the issue.

Thanks for reporting it.

Regards

Anil Chintamaneni

Message 5 of 7
Neil_Cross
in reply to: achintam

Thanks very much Anil.  Please let me know if you need any further info.

Cheers.

Message 6 of 7
Olaf.Górski
in reply to: achintam

Vault 2015 SP1 is available now - http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/vault-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-vault... and this issue has been addressed.

Olaf Górski
Message 7 of 7
Neil_Cross
in reply to: Olaf.Górski

Thanks Olaf, are there any plans to port this particular fix back to Vault 2013?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report