Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Design and Frame Generator Assemblies

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
blgls
1078 Views, 12 Replies

Copy Design and Frame Generator Assemblies

Good night to the Community (It is 11 Pm o'clock in Paris).

My tonight question is : is there a pbm with Frame Generator and Vault and the Copy Design ?

One of my customer create a frame generator (Inv 2011 SP2).

Make a copy of this frame in another directory in the database in Vault (Standard 2011) with the Vault Copy Design command.

Then he modify the copied frame by editing his own sketch.

The modification is the distance between two parallel lines.

These two parallel lines will hold parts of frame.

He can verify that the Skeleton is modified as well.

But the Frame Generator Assembly model is not modified.

The distance has not been modified.

I start to read all the topics speaking about Copy Design and Frame Generator.

I can check that my customer use only one IPJ file (at the root of the tree in Vault).

I can check that my customer is not using the UserTools Add_In.

So my question is :

What can I do for all the "Copied Design Frame Assemblies" already existing tu curate the pb?

What can I do for Soon coming Copied Design Frame Assemblies" ?

Thank you too much for your help.

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
blgls
in reply to: blgls

I am sorry but can anyone gie me a hand on this question, please ??

It is becoming urgent.

Thank you.

Message 3 of 13
cbenner

I do not believe the problem is with Copy Design.  I have used Copy Design on many large frame assemblies created in the same Inventor (2011 SP2), and had no problems as long as I maintain unique filenames.

However, Frame Generator has been known to have trouble once in a while with modifying sketches and having the frame not update.  Have you tried using the "Rebuild all" tool in Inventor? (Manage Tab)  Worst case, you may have to replace a few of the frame members.  I have seen this a few times, but can't reproduce it to call it a bug... it might actually me my own error (as hard as it is to admit).

Bottom line, I don't think it's a Copy Design issue.

Message 4 of 13
DustinSmith7222

blgls,

Its difficult for me to tell if this issue is the same as one I had before, but I have come across similar problems before with Frame Generator.  Please see a topic I posted a while back titled "Frame Generator - Will Not Update".  I still do not know exactly why this problem occurs.  Both Autodesk and my Reseller could not explain it which is extremely frustrating, but maybe the same solution will work for you.

Message 5 of 13
blgls

Hello.

I thank the persons that have already gave me an answer.

I am sorry to still have the same pbm :

Is it due to Copy Design Vault command ?

Is it due to Frame Generator limitations ?

So I am sorry to "refresh" my question.

I need help.

Thank you to anybody.

Bernard.

Message 6 of 13
cbenner

Without having the files to look at, it's hard to say what the problem is.  Is it possible that during the copy design, some files got re-used in stead of copied?   Any way for you to pack & go, and place the assembly here?

Message 7 of 13
blgls
in reply to: cbenner

Thank you cbenner to continue to try to help us.

Here in the zip file, you will find all the files taht have been export from Vault and Inv 2011.

To be quick, our 3d sketch is in the OLD-CLOV_F_FT052-1_SF_str_Sk.ipt file (Picture ONE)

This file use for some parameters the OLD-CLOV_F_FT052-1_SF_Piping_Skt.ipt.

Frame Generator generate the OLD-CLOV_F_FT052-1_SF_str_FG_Skton.ipt (that is the file that is not updated after a modification in the OLD-CLOV_F_FT052-1_SF_str_Sk.ipt file

The OLD-CLOV_F_FT052-1_SF_str_FG.iam file contains all the structure of the assembly (Picture THREE).

Today, in OLD-CLOV_F_FT052-1_SF_str_Sk.ipt file, trying to modify any user parameter (for example, RHS_height) you can choose will not have consequence in the OLD-CLOV_F_FT052-1_SF_str_FG_Skton.ipt file and than in IAM file.

Even after a Rebuid All or any Update Command (Local or General).

Thank again.

Bernard.

Message 8 of 13
DustinSmith7222

Sorry, I cannot look at the files this week, as I am nowhere near a computer with Inventor.  I would agree that in My experience, it has never seemed to be a 'copy design issue', although, if someone stated otherwise, I wouldn't dismiss it.  Again, I cant explain why it happens, but I have comeacross this issue several times.  The only luck I have had, is to 'unground' the skeleton asembly inside the larger assembly.  Note that you cannot right click on the part in the family tree as the option is not available there.  You actually have to change this in the i-properties.  Then save and do a rebuild all, and usually it works.  (I've had a few instances where it takes a few refreshes/ updates before it seems to 'click'.  sorry, can't tell you why it happens or what causes it, just the workaround that has worked for me to get around the problem.

Message 9 of 13
blgls

Does anybody as a solution about that question ?

With all the data present in this post ?

Thank you.

Message 10 of 13
cbenner
Message 11 of 13
blgls

Sorry, but the size of all the files is over 1,5MB.

In fact, it is quite 5MB.

I was unable to post all the files.

How can I do to send all the files ??

Bernard.

Message 12 of 13
cbenner
Message 13 of 13
blgls

Thank to continue to help me.

In fact, my 5MB files is the Pack and Go file !

This is why in my precedent zip file, I extract all the IPT files to make is smaller.

Bernard.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report