Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control of sent files

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
chorch123
361 Views, 3 Replies

Control of sent files

Hi,

I'm new in using Vault Basic, so I don't know if I'm questionning something very simple.

Is there any way to have a control and/or historical of what files you have sent, whom and when?

That would be very useful to have control of, for example, which drawing the workshop has...

Thank you very much in advance

Jorge

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jdkriek
in reply to: chorch123

Hello chorch123,

Can you clarify what you mean by "sending files" from Vault? Are you refering to the Pack And Go Feature? 

Jonathan D. Kriek
MFG Solutions Engineer
KETIV Technologies, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
chorch123
in reply to: jdkriek

Yes, it could be the Pack and Go feature or just the Send feature.

It could be also any additional property or something like that, that could be able to follow the traceability of the items.

Thanks

Jorge

Message 4 of 4
Neil_Cross
in reply to: chorch123

Well it sounds like what you need is something along the lines of revision control, essentially that controls the issue of drawings and what should be sent out. But if you're wanting a system which you can document which drawings you've personally downloaded from Vault and then sent to people, there's nothing for that. You could possibly try and utilise folder labels and butcher them into being used for that purpose but it isn't ideal. If you explain what the end result of this problem is, there'll be a way to solve it. But probably not with Vault Basic! You'll likely need Vault Pro or Workgroup.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report