Mentor
AlexF1980
Message 1 of 2 (139 Views)
Accepted Solution

Control of replication using lifecycle states

139 Views, 1 Replies
11-20-2013 01:10 PM

Hi folks,

I asked this question to the @Autodeskhelp twitter account earlier and they pointed me here.

We are investigating the setup of a replicated Vault environment with our main Inventor customer. We are working on numerous projects for them which share common parts. These common parts need to be handled according to an agreed procedure and shouldn't be used by the various projects until they have been "signed off" by the client, but obviously we don't want the client to be able to see them when they are in Work in Progress (WIP) or such-like lifecycle state.

Is it possible to control the replication of files that are WIP using lifecycle states or would the correct method be something along the lines of File Replication coupled with Access Control Lists (ACLs) for who can see what?

Thanks in advance,

Alex.

Alex,

Thanks for your posting.

Regarding your question I can tell you, that you can select, which folders should be replicated.

Though you cannot control on lifecyclestate wether a file should be replicated or not. I may refer to the Autodeskhelp on replication here, where you can find additional information (also on Workgroup Replication)

http://help.autodesk.com/view/VAULT/Help/ENU/?guid=GUID-D8678874-4839-41AD-BD58-226AF3862D3D

Product Support
johannes.bauer
Message 2 of 2 (99 Views)

Re: Control of replication using lifecycle states

11-22-2013 03:57 AM in reply to: AlexF1980

Alex,

Thanks for your posting.

Regarding your question I can tell you, that you can select, which folders should be replicated.

Though you cannot control on lifecyclestate wether a file should be replicated or not. I may refer to the Autodeskhelp on replication here, where you can find additional information (also on Workgroup Replication)

http://help.autodesk.com/view/VAULT/Help/ENU/?guid=GUID-D8678874-4839-41AD-BD58-226AF3862D3D

HTH
Johannes Bauer

Announcements
New button for Platinum & Gold Subscription customers
Gold & Platinum Subscription customers can alert Autodesk if they require assistance with their forum post

Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.