Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consumed License Usage not Updated in LMTools Perform Status Enquiry

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Balaji_07
1127 Views, 5 Replies

Consumed License Usage not Updated in LMTools Perform Status Enquiry

Hi All,

Just noticed an abnormal functioning on LMtools License usage with Vault Professional 2014 in our Client Environment. We Logged into Vault with Vault Client 2014 but when i perform Status Enquiry from LMTools installed on Vault Server, It displays 0 License in use..

Any idea or Hotfixes?

Thanks,

Balaji A

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: Balaji_07

It's possible that a Vault license does not get consumed by the ADMS until something is actually accomplished in the Vault itself.  The client does not obtain the license.  The ADMS server does.  Try actually using it and double-check.

DarrenP, anything to add?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: TravisNave

what does the flex lm log say?

it should be grabbing a license when you log in to the vault client

if you logging into the the ADMS console it does not consume a license

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
Balaji_07

I have logged in via vault client as well as via inventor and it successfully logged into vault server 2014 and it was the only server available with client.

But when i check perform status enquiry using lmtools in vault server it shows 0 License in use. Though it was not an issue to us just wanted to know the reason behind this?..

Thanks,
Balaji A
Message 5 of 6
dgorsman

In certain circumstances a license already checked out will run other instances e.g. multiple sessions of Navisworks only consume 1 license.  Could this be a case of a Suite-based product license already signed out be re-used?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 6 of 6
Balaji_07

Offcourse, it should consume at least 1 license but in this case it displays 0, since the problem is on client environment i could not provide you any screen shot or video for reference.
Thanks for ur reply. Time being leave this post as such, reply when you find similar issue. If possible i will also provide you video for reference.

Thanks,
Balaji A

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report