Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

consistent Project file for all clients

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
CAD-One
671 Views, 12 Replies

consistent Project file for all clients

logged as an admin, I have assigned single ipj file for all users. Tools>administration>vaultsettings> "Enforce consistent Project file for all clients"

Does this still require the users to mannually set the project file in the inventor? I see that the current project is not the same as what I assigned thru administration.

C1
Inventor Professional 2020
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD 2020
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: CAD-One

Yes. You still need to set your project in Inventor. Because this Consistent Project file setting is only for Vault Clients and not for Inventor. Client will use this Administrator set Project for commands like Move, Rename, Copy Design, etc.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 3 of 13
CAD-One

Ok will takecare. But, it should do this automatically (I wish)
C1
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD 2020
Message 4 of 13
bentbrandt

Me too!

We are using a single projetct with Vault 2014.

Please make this an option, to check that the clients are using the same project as the vault.

-At present, It changes on the clients to default.ipj every 2nd or 3rd day Smiley Frustrated

Message 5 of 13
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: bentbrandt

I agree with you. Can you please go and log this at http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Vault-IdeaStation/idb-p/2? 

Thanks.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 13
CAD-One

Bentbrandt,
Here is a work around I use.

On all my users inventor I have automatic start of new file and start into a sketch. This is possible from the tools options menu I guess. Also I ensure in that dialog to use the new vault project file. I delete the original inventor desktop shortcut icon. I create a new shortcut of the vault project file it self. Double click a project file will also start inventor with ensuring to set that ipj. Over and above the automatically start a new part file option at start-up will create a new part file with starting a new sketch.
Leave this file open always continue working on your files. The reason I leave it open is because inventor you can't change a project file with a file open. Try changing the project file, it won't let you.

C1
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD 2020
Message 7 of 13
bentbrandt

Thanks CAD-One! I'll try this out, though, I'm interested in if this works every time with opening files from inside vault. -will be testing it 😉

When a project is chosen Inventor should not choose another one or make a default, that's just my opinion, but the workaround is good for now 

I posted a request for the option.

Message 8 of 13
CAD-One

Yes I agree that dbl clicking an inventor directly in vault sucks
sometimes. I prefer rmb on the file in vault, go to working folder, and
then dbl clk the file in the folder. It's just a personal pref.
C1
Vault Professional 2020
AutoCAD 2020
Message 9 of 13
bentbrandt

Even starting Inventor with the project file or a link to the project file, and having startup operation open a part by the desired project file still causes inventor to start up with a default project sometimes!
I begin to suspect that this in fact may be the cause that task scheduler had a very large amount of failed files when migrating and updating from vault 😞
Message 10 of 13
bentbrandt

This is a message which pops up frequently when I start Inventor as described above:

Projektfejl.jpg

which iI find very strange.

And consequently I cannot load anything from Vault. -When I check from inside Inventor the project file is set to the right one though 😞

Message 11 of 13
Senthil_Kumar

This message comes up if you do not have the project which you used last. If you have deleted the used project then this will come.

Also this message comes up if you start Inventor after doing Vault operations like Copy Design/Move/Rename etc - which downloads the project to TEMP folder and deletes it after the operation is over.

Inventor Team is fixing this issue.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 12 of 13
bentbrandt
in reply to: Senthil_Kumar

Thank you for the reply Senthil.
I only have one project, which is in the root of my working folder, and it does not go missing when I check in files. My Vault settings are:

Vault working folder options.jpg

And it is selected in Inventor in the project menu...

Looking forward to the fix for this 🙂

Message 13 of 13
Senthil_Kumar

Do you see this message after performing any vault operations that I mentioned earlier? If yes then it is known as I mentioned.

You can get more information on this thread on the fix and its availability

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/Inventor-Proect-File-Missing-Message/td-p/3933137

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report