Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity.WindowsService.JobDispatch and Connectivity.EDMWS.Server

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
econp
1012 Views, 6 Replies

Connectivity.WindowsService.JobDispatch and Connectivity.EDMWS.Server

I installed Inventor 11 and Autodesk Vault 5. The computer seamed to start ok.Then I installed the software for a scanner (Fujitsu ScanSnap). Since then on starting the computer I get the following error messages, in this order:
Connectivity.WindowsService.JobDispatch.exe - Application Error.
The instruction at "0x771216af" referenced memory at "0x771216af". The memory could not be "read".
Connectivity.EDMWS.Server.exe - Application Error.
The instruction at "0x771216af" referenced memory at "0x771216af". The memory could not be "read".
Occasionally I got also DM0025:Error attaching to process

Among other efforts: I searched the discussion forums and also Google / I restored my computer back before ScanSnap / I uninstalled Autodesk Vault. None helped.

Can anybody suggest a solution? Please note that I am not a computer expert. Any instructions have to be complete and simple.
Thank you in advance.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Zoli-G
in reply to: econp

If you do not want to use Vault contents you can use the following solution:

1. Type "services.msc" into RUN command in Start menu
2. In the Services window look for "Autodesk EDM Server"
3. Double click on it and select "Disabled" for startup option.

Restart!

I hope this solves your problem!
Message 3 of 7
econp

Dear Zoli-G,
Thank you very much for your advice. It got rid of the second error message. However, the first error is still there. On startup I still get:
Connectivity.WindowsService.JobDispatch.exe - Application Error.
On one occasion I also got another error as follows:
Smax4.exe - Application error.
The instruction at "0x73e68d8c" referenced memory at "0x73e68d8c". The memory could not be "read".

Thank you for solving at least part of the problem.
Message 4 of 7
Zoli-G

Hello econp!

Sorry, I forgot that these two errors belongs to two different services.

So please do:

1. Type "services.msc" into RUN command in Start menu
2. In the Services window look for "Autodesk Data Management Job Dispatch"
3. Double click on it and select "Disabled" for startup option.

I'm not sure about the smax4 error. Let me know if this solves your problem or not!

Zoli
Message 5 of 7
econp

Dear Zoli-G,

I can not thank you enough. You are a genious. I have done what you suggested and it all works fine.
I delayed writing to you because, after the changes, most probably I went through a period of instability. On several occasions I got the message:
ANISWZCS2 Services Launcher has encountered a problem and needs to close.
However, after a few restarts everything seems to have settled on its own.

Should I expect any loss of functionality? Should I expect any further problems? Are there things I shouldn't do to avoid getting into trouble in the future?

Thank you very much anyway.

econp
Message 6 of 7
Zoli-G

Dear econp,

I'm happy to hear that the problems seemed to be solved. The only inconvenience with this solution, that the Vault will not work. If you never use this module then it's not a big problem.
If you want to use it in the future I have a similar solution for this problem and I'm using Vault with that method without problem.
Your soft should be OK now... if not, please write!

Zoli
Message 7 of 7
econp

Dear Zoli-G,

Thank you very much for your interest. I have tried the computer on several occasions after the corrections you suggested and so far it works fine.
Just for completion I would be grateful if you could tell me the method I could use if I need to use the Vault in the future.
Also, I disabled two programs. One is related to the Vault. What is the other one related to. Should I expect any problems there in the future?

Best regards

econp

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report