Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring Tool palettes from Vault location

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
gadurai
591 Views, 4 Replies

Configuring Tool palettes from Vault location

Hi,

I have tool PALETTE in AutoCAD refering to the my System folder.Now i need to move all my file to vault.

Is it possible to change the path of my palette drawing file to vault location.I can see only Autocad360 in that but Vault is not available to select.

Can any one tell me that whether it is possible to specify vault file for my palette.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Appadurai.G

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Neil_Cross
in reply to: gadurai

No I believe Tool Palettes are exclusively external to Vault.

A wish list Item was created for this functionality over a year ago but absolutely nobody has up-voted this, the +1 Kudos there was added by me just now!

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/vault-ideastation/tool-palettes-within-vault/idi-p/3815766

If nobody up-votes these ideas then they won't be prioritised by Autodesk, it's the only real indication that an idea is a popular idea and worth spending their time on.

I'm not really sure what the AutoCAD team have been doing for the last few years though that was more important... Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 5
gadurai
in reply to: Neil_Cross

Thank you for your reply Neil.
Message 4 of 5
gadurai
in reply to: Neil_Cross

Hi

Is it mean that we cant use files from Vault directly for the below process.

1. Inserting drawing/Blocks using Tool palettes.

2. Inserting WBlock from Vault Folder.

Kindly suggest me any workaround to come across this stiuation.

Regards,

Appadurai.G

Message 5 of 5
Neil_Cross
in reply to: gadurai

Tool Palettes cant get blocks from Vault and they cant be in Vault.

A workaround I guess, you could create the tool palette to link to a block location in your working folder.  The blocks could then be downloaded from Vault first.

I'm no AutoCAD expert but as far as I know you also can't insert a block directly from Vault? Although you can attach a Xref, but that's not really the same.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report