Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close file and delete working copies

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
andrew.warren
463 Views, 4 Replies

Close file and delete working copies

I am setting up a new Vault for my customer and have had some issue with all the old Project files we are getting rid of to get the Vault to work. I now have it working OK. But I want to check in and delete files and yesterday I could. Today it is grayed out, what controls this setting? I am logged in as admin and have full rights. Also I can do it from the Vault Explore just fine, but it will not let me do it from inside of Inventor, and yes I am logged into Vault as ADMIN in both places.
Andy Warren
BCDesign@bellsouth.net
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jon.myers
in reply to: andrew.warren

Make sure that you are using a Vault project in Inventor. Go to File - Projects and make sure that a Vault project is active. If you are not in a Vault project, usually the Vault functions are greyed out.
-Jon
Message 3 of 5

Yes it is a Vault project... I can check stuff in and out and I can even keep it checked out if I want that option. I can do it if I use the Vault Explorer, just not with the INV Add in. The really funny thing is the last user I set up this afternoon; her machine works fine and does it all the time. So what causes you not to be able to do the delete?

I do Implementations for a living and it has talked two days to clean up this Vault. I thought I had it fixed yesterday and did not have this problem. I came in this morning and they had used the old Project file and it took me a half day to get it fixed. Now everyone is on the new project file and checking things in and out of Vault. I just cannot get it to delete the working copies....

Andy Warren
BCDesign@bellsouth.net
Message 4 of 5
c.henry

I would uninstall the vault client from that local machine and reinstall it, maybe

it might be a user role permission issue. it might be the same user is logged in on more than one machine.

curious to see how this turns out
Message 5 of 5
Annie.he

Hi,

The "Close file and delete working copies" options is supposed to be disabled if you check "Include Parents" in the check in settings.

Thanks,
Annie

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report