Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleint Machines Randomly Switching .ipj FIles

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
kesseltine
181 Views, 1 Reply

Cleint Machines Randomly Switching .ipj FIles

I am having trouble with my cleint machines switching .ipj Files, it switches them over to a Defgault.ipj or some randomly generated .ipj file that I have no idea how it created it or where it puilled it from , we have a single project file that everyone uses , out of 68 client machines I have 7-8 machines that it does it on , none of the client machines are not JP machines and no special configurations either

using vault 2014 professional and Inventor 2014

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TomAllen
in reply to: kesseltine

Our workgroup has 5 machines experiencing the same issue since our 2014 upgrade.

Although we only experience it first thing in the morning, after the machines have been shut down for the night.

It always reverts to 'default.ipj'

Are you Vault users?

We have noticed that when we 'copy design' an extra shortcut is being created in the projects folder dictated in the Application Options: file tab.
It names them our "current project file"_1,   "current project file"_2 and so on.

Im not sure if they somehow confuse Inventor and it just defaults out to the "default.ipj" or ??

We have a case working, but no tangible solutions just yet.

In the interim, I have changed the desktop shortcuts to point to the desired project file and it has been maintaing from the clients perspective.

I will post back if any resolutions are discovered.

Inventor Professional 2014

Mechanical Desktop 2014

Vault Basic 2014

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report