Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clean Deletion of a Vault

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
tahdesign1
261 Views, 1 Reply

Clean Deletion of a Vault

So I have a new server that is acting as my test environment for an upgrade I am about to do.

However when I am ready this new server will become our production server (I will then make myself an identical one as the on going test environment)

Going from 2012 Basic to 2014 Basic then to 2014 Pro.

Method is Restore a 2012 Basic backup from the current production server to 2014 Basic on the new server then upgrade the product from Basic to Pro.

The first step (restore 2012 to 2014) I have done and tested well. Made several decisions that I will change and am ready to start again to go all the way up to Pro this time. Basically this is just a "rehearsal" for when I do the actual upgrade.

So want to strip the server of the Vault and then my IT dept will take a Snapshot of the server for me as a restore point.

I have done this and both the File Store and Database directories are no empty.

However, ADMS console still has all the users defined that it brought over with it in the restore.

I would have thought it would take those out also. I am basically trying to get the ADMS install back to its raw condition before I restore the backup to it.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
minkd
in reply to: tahdesign1

In ADMS-Console, there is command on the Tools menu called "Delete Master Vault".

A restore will overwrite the Master Vault though - so you don't really need to delete it prior to the restore.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report