Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chrome & Firefox won't display dwf in Thin Client 2015

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
scottmoyse
1135 Views, 7 Replies

Chrome & Firefox won't display dwf in Thin Client 2015

I've never had much joy getting the dwf's to display in the new Thin Client. Today I got stuck in again, only to be disappointed once again. I can get them to work in IE once i click past this error:

2014-05-08_14-59-06.jpg

2014-05-08_15-00-29.jpg

But both Firefox & Chrome don't show the thumbnail buttons at the bottom to switch to the dwf:

2014-05-08_15-02-18.jpg

I followed all the settings required for cookies, java & pop ups, but Java isn't straight forward to enable in Firefox anymore.... so I bailed on that. However, I configured Chrome and cleared its cache & cookies. But still no joy.

All browsers are bang up to date.

What is going on please? Can anyone else get it to work?

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ihayesjr
in reply to: scottmoyse

Do you have the Chrome and Firefox DWF extensions installed?

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/design-review/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-C2-AE-...

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 3 of 8
scottmoyse
in reply to: ihayesjr

I suppose it would help if I read the Help file properly. http://help.autodesk.com/view/VAULT/2015/ENU/?guid=GUID-A32497D4-14D5-4FC9-B1E0-D5033D9462D5

I skimmed over the first paragraph. Thanks for the info.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 4 of 8
travistwinter
in reply to: scottmoyse

How did you fix this??? i am having the same problem (no thumbnail buttons at the bottom to switch to dwf)

My life is in your hands 🙂

Message 5 of 8
mark.cloyed
in reply to: travistwinter

Just in case you haven't seen this, a service pack was released for 2015 that fixes some thin client issues.

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/vault-products/downloads/support/vault-products/downloads/caas...

Regards,

Mark

Regards,
Mark Cloyed
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 6 of 8
travistwinter
in reply to: mark.cloyed

thanks for the reply mark,

just reading through the read me, this problem isn't mentioned as one of the fixes

ill still give it a try, but does anyone else have a solve?

Message 7 of 8

Ok, so i havent installed the service pack, however i now know what the problem is.

Thin Client only looks for DWF files that are up to date, and apparently we havent had the 'create visualisation attachment' option ticked since we moved up to 2015 and hence have alot of files that have outdated DWF files attached to them.

The solution is to have this option checked so from no on we are creating DWFs on checkin

And also we need to batch update all the DWF files.

Hope this helps anyone else who comes across this issue 🙂

Message 8 of 8
mark.cloyed
in reply to: travistwinter

Regarding your request for a batch solution to create DWFs, I have turned on the job server at the server level, then started the job processor on my workstation.  In Vault, perform a Find of files with a visualization attachment contains none.  You can then select a number of files and use the Actions - Update View - Queue Update.  This will create a DWF creation job on the server that your job processor will handle.  Generally this works well.  I have had problems when the workstation goes to screen saver, the job processor errors on each file, so watch for that.

Thanks,
Mark

Regards,
Mark Cloyed
IMAGINiT Technologies

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report