Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check out Vault Data

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
dodii
212 Views, 0 Replies

Check out Vault Data

Dear Sir Or Madam

Sorry i missed the webinar of autodesk Vault.. My Name Is Dody Isnandar I work with one of consultant company for Engineering and Construction Building in Jakarta .. The Name of our company is PT Teamworx Indonesia.. Before i joint my current company, I used to be technical support for autodesk product and 2 or 3 times i jointed some training or seminar about Autodesk Vault Pro.. if i allowed to ask a question i would like to ask about version or revision.. I have 2 question that i would like to ask you if you don't mind ..?

1) for example I create data base in D store..and I send my file using autoloader.. and i have i file of inventor that i already modify in 4 or 5 times let say the name of file Busing.ipt...as you know in manufacturing we are not always use last version or revision sometime we took previous design of our product or part.. let say i would like to check out my Bushing.ipt design in version 3 or revision 3...here my problem.. i was able to check out my design in version 3...but after I did some modification i "cannot" save that file with same name as Bushing ..and i have to changed the name in others name..for example i have to change into BushingR1..and even if i changed the name i was "unable" to check in into Vault Data Base.. I have to use autoloader again to sent back that file to vault..and by using copy design i can put that BushingR1 file to same folder which have the original file of Bushing(without R1) ..

How come or why i cannot save my modification file with same name as the last version that i use which is Bushing.ipt...and how come i cannot send it back to vault data base instated i have to use autoloader to send that file to vault data be..? Please show to me step by step which kind of setting in vault that i missed that cause me unable to save the version 3 that i modification whit the same name as i have in vault data base..the name suppose to be same right? The name suppose to be Bushing.ipt..

2) Is there any setting that i must do for example as you know there are vault setting.. May be that all for know..i have 1 more question because in my company we use Revit MEP, Arch and Structure..and in revit there is a system called worksharing and insert link..which allowed us to put Another revit file into our revit file...and revit also have revit server..what is the relationship between those 2 system? how did we use both of that 2 system vault and revit server..? Please give me detail explanation about that especially question no 1.. I really appreciate if you can answer my question Thank you

Best Regards Dody Isnandar

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report