Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check Out file and it Checks itself back in automatically

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
allen.gager
354 Views, 3 Replies

Check Out file and it Checks itself back in automatically

I have a user that has files checked out that he is working on.  Without warning he will get a message that the file is not checked out and prompt him to check it out.  A refresh in the browser or Vault Explorer confirms that the file is no longer checked out.  

Using Inventor 2012 and Vault Collaboration 2012.

This does not appear to be related to any particular file.  We are seeing this behaviour across the board.

The amount of time that passes for this to happen seems to be random and we are unable to pin it down.

Is anybody else experiancing this?

Cheers,

AllenG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
luttena
in reply to: allen.gager

Thank you for posting this issue. This is very odd behavior and not something I have heard of. Have you tried viewing the file history to see when it occurred and what edits were made around that time? Perhaps something like a file close is checking it in based on his Vault options. The only other thing that comes to mind is that perhaps an administrator is removing the reservation on the file.

Let us know if you can dig up any more details on this.

Thanks,

Adam

Adam Luttenbacher
Sr User Experience Designer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
allen.gager
in reply to: luttena

Hi Adam,

I am certain an admin was not removing the check in. We were both in his cubicle when it was happening. A file or files were open and checked out. The next moment it/they were checked in.  There was no action on the part of the user to cause this.

So far today we have not seen this behaviour. We will keep watch and follow up.

I too thought this was extremly strange. If we can reproduce it or identify what is happening I will open a suppport request.

Cheers,

AllenG 

Message 4 of 4
luttena
in reply to: allen.gager

Ok. Thank you for the quick response and I think your plan of action is appropriate.

Regards,

Adam

Adam Luttenbacher
Sr User Experience Designer
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report