Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing State From Quick Change to Released Error

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Cadmanto
1318 Views, 11 Replies

Changing State From Quick Change to Released Error

I am an administrator in my company's vault (2012).  We just enabled the "Quick Change" functionality to allow simple

changes to drawings without bumping the revision.  This is all great when changing from "Released" to "Quick Change".

Now, I tried this on an assembly drawing.  Like I stated changing it from "Released" worked fine.

The problem is when I go to change it back to "Released" it gives me an error stating that the components of the assembly are not released.  What if I am not ready to release the components?  Is there a setting that overwrites this?

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Cadmanto
in reply to: Cadmanto

Found the setting under the transitions for lifecycle states from vault settings.

trans.JPG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 3 of 12

Hi,

We want to have the option to "check that all children are released".

By us the checkbox from Quick Change (QC) to released (REL) is Checked (true).

But the behavior is that:

The check is not done.

We can go from QC to REL, without checking children released.

Do you have any idea how this is possible.

See also the link below.

http://api.ning.com/files/ihF*csLe*MLNtn3UGyEyiKbltM1oK1*RIIV7pQKOoKAX*NCiyHjaOf4VQNkwOr3Rm3NWk9GwZz...

Remark:

Our QC status is called "Work In(Progress Skeletal)" but it is the same definition as the original (QC).

Best regards,

A.knoors

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Autodesk Software:Inventor Professional 2024 | Vault Professional 2022 | Autocad Mechanical 2022
Programming Skills:Vba | Vb.net (Add ins Vault / Inventor, Applications) | I-logic
Programming Examples:Drawing List!|Toggle Drawing Sheet!|Workplane Resize!|Drawing View Locker!|Multi Sheet to Mono Sheet!|Drawing Weld Symbols!|Drawing View Label Align!|Open From Balloon!|Model State Lock!
Posts and Ideas:Dimension Component!|Partlist Export!|Derive I-properties!|Vault Prompts Via API!|Vault Handbook/Manual!|Drawing Toggle Sheets!|Vault Defer Update!

! For administrative reasons, please mark a "Solution as solved" when the issue is solved !

Message 4 of 12

I remember that setting.  When my company first started using vault that setting was causing us much grief.

Are you saying that setting is checked for you and it is not working properly?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 5 of 12
minkd
in reply to: bradeneuropeArthur

The check doesn't make sure the latest children are released, it just makes sure there is a version of the child that is released.  The check prevents you from releasing the parent if it references a never-before released child.

Hope this helps,

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 12
bradeneuropeArthur
in reply to: minkd

Thank you Dave,

Your remark says:
The check doesn't make sure the "latest" children are released, it just makes sure there is "a" version of the child that is released.
The check prevents you from releasing the parent if it references a "never-before" released child.

This explains and confirms my suggestion.

Do you have any idea about:
How we can make sure that also the latest version of the child is released when the parent is released.

Explanation:
We have an Assembly (AA), with one part in it (PP).

* Step 1 one release PP and AA.

* Step 2 change PP and AA in "Quick Change (QS)"

* Step3 change AA into Released (REL).

At step 3 we need the message that the children are not released.
And it must not be possible to release the AA without releasing the children.
Any Idea how to do this.

Hope you understand my description.

A.Knoors

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Autodesk Software:Inventor Professional 2024 | Vault Professional 2022 | Autocad Mechanical 2022
Programming Skills:Vba | Vb.net (Add ins Vault / Inventor, Applications) | I-logic
Programming Examples:Drawing List!|Toggle Drawing Sheet!|Workplane Resize!|Drawing View Locker!|Multi Sheet to Mono Sheet!|Drawing Weld Symbols!|Drawing View Label Align!|Open From Balloon!|Model State Lock!
Posts and Ideas:Dimension Component!|Partlist Export!|Derive I-properties!|Vault Prompts Via API!|Vault Handbook/Manual!|Drawing Toggle Sheets!|Vault Defer Update!

! For administrative reasons, please mark a "Solution as solved" when the issue is solved !

Message 7 of 12
bradeneuropeArthur

Thank you Dave,

Your remark says:

The check doesn't make sure the “latest” children are released, it just makes sure there is “a” version of the child that is released. 

The check prevents you from releasing the parent if it references a “never-before” released child.

This explains and confirms my suggestion.

Do you have any idea about:

How we can make sure that also the latest version of the child is released when the parent is released.

Explanation:

We have an Assembly (AA), with one part in it (PP).

• Step 1 one release PP and AA.
  • Step 2 change  PP and AA in “Quick Change (QS)”
  • Step3 change AA into Released (REL).

At step 3 we need the message that the children are not released.

And it must not be possible to release the AA without releasing the children.

Any Idea how to do this.

Hope you understand my description.

A.Knoors

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Message 8 of 12
minkd

To do that I think you would need a new revision of PP.

My understanding of the rationale behind this is:

Generally, we expect a quick change to mean that a change to form-fit-function has not occurred. This means it can be released independently of its consumers (i.e. parent assemblies).

A new revision would mean that form-fit-function has changed so that any consumers must also change to adapt to it.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 9 of 12
bradeneuropeArthur

Hi,

What do you mean with (PP), do you mean "Product stream Professional".

We work with Vault professional 2012.
So a change to Product stream Professional would be very difficult.

Our general problem is:
That with the Quick Change (QC) option, all our parent ,"Released", assemblies are getting dirty (* flag is shown in inventor).
When this assembly is placed into a new assembly or drawing, it is impossible to check in that assembly or drawing because inventor wants to save the dirty assembly.
This is impossible because files are released.

My idea is:
Vault must not allow you to set "children" into QC without changing the "parent" QC. There should be an option "Check that all parents are in Quick change". (Same idea when Releasing files "Check that all children are Released")

Any idea how to solve this problem.

A.Knoors

Regards,

Arthur Knoors

Autodesk Affiliations:

Message 10 of 12

re:

quote: Vault must not allow you to set "children" into QC without changing the "parent" QC. There should be an option "Check that all parents are in Quick change". (Same idea when Releasing files "Check that all children are Released")

end quote.

not sure if it is practical for you as far as your questions go but from memory there are some things that may help you...

1. i think you should get a prompt to check out all parents of a file whenever you try to check out a child... 

2. you should also be able to see all parents of a file that are linked when you are in the change state or check out window. (review the settings for the typical relationships such as child and parent, etc in that window at time of change state or check out).

you will have to be careful. i would look at the situation carefully before i accepted these scenarios, and make a practical decision for each case.

best regards,
- Mark

(Kudo or Tag if helpful - in case it also helps others)

PDSU 2020 Windows 10, 64bit.

Message 11 of 12
minkd

By "PP" I was referencing your statement "We have an Assembly (AA), with one part in it (PP)".

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 12 of 12
g.vanbommel

I also have a problem regarding to changing the state of a part from Quick Change to Released.

After changing a dimension in a drawing, checking it in and synchronising properties I try to change the state back to Released, but keep getting the error  message that some properties do not match the pre-defined criteria of transition from Quick Change to Released, please ensure all properties are in compliance.

What am I doing wrong.

It's not a big problem, but I now always have to ask our chief engineer to do it right. Does it have something to do with right's, becasue he has administrator right's

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report