Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Categories/Lifecycles

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
CelticDesignServices
253 Views, 1 Reply

Changing Categories/Lifecycles

Just wondering out loud here on what I might see for results to the following:

What happens or what can I expect to see happen to a part that is currently stored in Vault Workgroups with a Category and thus Lifecycle that will either change or deleted altogether?

I can figure simply changing the part's Category and thus Lifecycle to a new one is not an issue, but if that Category/Lifecycle is deleted, what happens to the part in Vault? Does it simply revert to the Default, Unassigned category?

What I'm looking at is completely revising the client's Categories and Lifecycles to better suit them.

Just wondering if I should make all the new Categories/Lifecycles first, then manually change the files or if they revert to Default, just let that happen and fix as needed?

Thoughts?

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Jim
Celtic Design Services, LLC

Inventor/AutoCAD/Vault WorkGroups
Always for hire - celticdesign01ATyahooDOTcom
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celtic-Design-Services-LLC/184666001666426
==========================================================
Please use the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums.

Go raibh maith agat (in other words...Thank you!)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

You can't delete a category or lifecycle that is currently in use.  Before you can delete it, you must first change the category or lifecycle of the parts to something else.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report