Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed task priority and now backups won't complete.

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
cadfish1
309 Views, 1 Reply

Changed task priority and now backups won't complete.

I found the following procedure for speeding up vault server backups which works for my server (Window Server 2008 R2 Standard) but it doesn't on a coworker's server (Window Server 2008 Standard). After my coworker made this change, according to Task Scheduler History the task starts but never completes (see attached log). You'll notice 24 hours later the task fires again but because the same task from the day before is still running, Task Scheduler kill the tack from the day before and then start up the new task (which never ends). 1. Open the backup task in the Windows Task Scheduler. 2. Right click on the task and "export" it. 3. Edit the task.xml file that you just exported 4. You will find a line similar to 7 5. Change the value to a normal priority (between 4-6). Start at 6 first. 6. Save the task.xml file. 7. In the task scheduler, delete the task you initially created for the backup. 8. In the task scheduler, in the actions area, import the task from the XML file.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
cadfish1
in reply to: cadfish1

It turned out to be a login issue.  The Task Scheduler needs a user's credentials in order to login as that user when the task triggers.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report