Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Renaming Scheme for Files ?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Bidu6
684 Views, 5 Replies

Change Renaming Scheme for Files ?

Whenever I attempt to rename files inside Vault it automatically uses an "Update Part Number" numbering scheme whereby it places a prefix "New" in front of every file name. I was wondering how to shut this off or create another default renaming numbering scheme where it does nothing to the file name (so I can just edit it myself without having to remove the prefix "New" from every file manually). It just makes extra work when trying to rename a few files in Vault.

I've attached a picture of what it looks like just in case.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
BLHDrafting
in reply to: Bidu6

I haven't found a way of permanently turning it off, but by turning the prefix off it goes away. See the graphic.

Capture.JPG

Brendan Henderson

Web www.blhdrafting.com.au
Twitter @BLHDrafting

Windows 7 x64 -64 GB Ram, Intel Xeon E5-1620 @ 3.6 GHz
ATI FirePro V7800 2 GB, 180 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, Inv R2016 PDSU SP1 (Build 210), Vault 2016 Professional Update 1 (Build 21.1.4.0)
Message 3 of 6
Bidu6
in reply to: Bidu6

Yeah I figured that out. I was just wondering if there was a way like you said to turn it off completely. Guess not. Thanks though.

Message 4 of 6

Surely there should be an option to turn it off

In any REAL part numbering system, using a prefix of 'new' is ridiculous...

Graeme

Message 5 of 6

It's a pain. There probably is a registry hack somewhere for it but I don't know of any.

There's an Idea Station entry for this feature. Check it our here and vote if you like.

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

New Blog | Old Blog | Google+ | Twitter

Inventor 2016 PDSU Build 236, Release 2016.2.2, Vault Professional 2016 Update 1, Win 7 64 bit

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.

Message 6 of 6

I see the Ideastation post is "under review." PLEASE implement this, Autodesk!

Andy

Andy Wallace
Autodesk Inventor (2016) (3 years)
previously Solidworks (6 years)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report