Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Autoloader default folder

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
tmccar
2563 Views, 7 Replies

Change Autoloader default folder

In Autoloader, I want to map to a folder other than "Designs". It's another folder on the same level in Vault.- how can I change this setting? Autoloader always seems to default to "Designs" . The folder I need is not listed at all.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: tmccar

Does this help?

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=9480434&linkID=9261340

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 3 of 8
tmccar

Yes, that's the answer, thanks

Message 4 of 8

Hi Senthil, thanks for this post, it was a very useful post, along with the other one you made last year regarding changing the default mapping of Content Center Files in Autoloader (http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Vault/Map-Content-Center-folder-in-Autoloader/td-p/3198942).

I was able to successfully change the mapping of the designs folder, but cant seem to change the mapping of the Content Center Folder. Attached are screenshots showing how the Designs.ipj file mapping in Inventor is to the correct Vault CC folder, but when it gets to Autoloader, it still points to the default CC folder. Also attached are the BUU.xml & Designs.ipj files.

Should I be doing something different?

Inventor 2012 SP1
Vault Colloaboration 2012

Tags (2)
Message 5 of 8

Few changes to be done.

1. Your BUXOM says the Project file is "Drawing.ipj". So this is the Project that you need to change for CC folder Mapping. NOT the Designs.ipj.

2. Do not try to map to a Folder with Name "Library" or "Libraries". Try something Like "CC Folder" and see if you can map.

Hope the above helps.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 6 of 8
ppsi.engineering

Thanks for the quick reply. It seems that it will only work if you create a new folder when doing the mapping in Inventor. If you try and select any other existing library folder (even if the existing library folder is empty), it will not work.

Message 7 of 8
cwhetten
in reply to: Senthil_Kumar

FYI, the link above doesn't work anymore.  Use this link instead:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/vault-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/...

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Message 8 of 8
maciej.jagodzik
in reply to: cwhetten

What should I do if I want to set the target position for the root folder? By default, I create a separate folder (Designs) and I would like the files to go to Projects.  Where should I insert a Buu.xml file?ScreenShot066.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report