Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant see files in vault

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
1894 Views, 14 Replies

Cant see files in vault

Couple of days have not been able to see or check out my files from vault.

It just say "There are items to show in this view, but in left lower corner its 7 objects. I know there are files in vault. I have been able before to check out/check in without problem.

When I try to open them from inventor, Inventor just crash. It didn't do that before.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
cbenner
in reply to: Anonymous

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous

We use 2013 Proffesional version, SP 2.

I have not changed any in option. I have also imported inventor default option. DId not help.

I will try to re-install both Inventor and Vault, hopefully it help.

Message 4 of 15
cbenner

Have you checked to make sure everything is ok on the server end?  Maybe a reboot of the server is all you need.  If you do reboot, make sure that your lisense server is restarted as well.

Message 5 of 15
olearya
in reply to: cbenner

Hi there,

This issue should be solved in Vault 2013 SP1: Files are not visible in the main grid when .NET 4.5 is installed.

If you have correctly applied this on the server then you may also need to check there are no filters applied to the Vault explorer window (ie - is this only happening on one machine)

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 15
cbenner
in reply to: olearya

Message 7 of 15
olearya

Lots of ways to get a 4.5 update on your server. 🙂

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous

This has started to occur for us too. For the people this has become an issue for, they can only see the folder structure in the vault. If you select a folder (that definitely has files in it), it'll say down the bottom left "XX Objects (0 Selected)" but the browser will state that there are no files to show. If you change the layout style, say from Detailed to Large Icons, the files appear but it gives an error if you try to do anything with the files (We're trying to undo a checkout).

The thing is this it is only happening for some accounts/computers.

Was this ever resolved? 

Message 9 of 15
cbenner
Message 10 of 15
Anonymous

I had the same problem.  I installed and am running Inventor 2015.  It installed Microsoft.net Framwork 4.5.1.  I could not see the files in Vault 2013.  I installed Microsoft.net Framwork 4 and now I see the files in Vault 2013.  However, now I cannot run Inventor 2015.

Is there a solution to running both Inventor 2015 and Vault 2013 / .net 4 & .net 4.5.1?

Message 11 of 15
cbenner
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous

For 2013, I believe SP1 Update 2 fixes this issue.

Its definitely the interaction between .net framework 4.5 and vault, but the service pack definitely fixes it.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous

thanks guys. Will update their computers.

Also how do i check how upto date my vault is? It says Build 17.0.61.0 on my "About Autodesk Vault Basic" but that doesn't mean much to me haha. 

Message 14 of 15
samuel.seah

You can check it under the "view installed updates" section of Programs and Features in Control Panel to see which Vault updates have been installed.

Build 17.0.61.0 is the RTM build of Vault Basic, which means no updates have been applied yet.

-Samuel

Message 15 of 15
Anonymous

So I am trying to install the Vault 2013 client SP 1 and 2 to resolve the 4.5 Framework issue, but before it will finish the install I get prompted to insert the cd rom disk used to install.  We installed product design suites which were all on usb drives.  So I figured that having it get the msi file from there will resolve it.  It does not and instead I get an error which says this is not a valid location.  Attached are screen shots of the prompt and the error.  Any ideas what to do to resolve this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report