Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant get Vault 2009 to install on Win 2003 Server

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
guyh
342 Views, 6 Replies

Cant get Vault 2009 to install on Win 2003 Server

Hi,

I'm planning a migration from Vault 2009 to 2011.  I am trying to create a test server install to run a trial migration but I can not get the server to pass the pre-checks.  It fails on 2 things.

Checking ASP Status Accessing an http static file failed at URL http://localhost/TestASP/TestASPNetStatic.txt

Checking that IIS is running on port 80 Please make sure that the default website is running on port 80.

I have gone through all the steps and checks I can think of using the Advanced config guide and help. 

IIS is installed and the default website is running port 80.  I've reregistered ASP.Net services.  I've check to see what PID is running on port 80.  It shows System which if I change the port of the default website will no longer show using netstat so I assume this is the default website running on port 80.

I'm at a loss and looking for things to check.

Guy

AutoCADM 2011 SP2
Inventor Pro 2011 SP2
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
guyh
in reply to: guyh

I've noticed that the DefaultAppPool is disabled in the IIS manager following the running of the pre-checks.  What would cause that?

Thanks,

Guy

AutoCADM 2011 SP2
Inventor Pro 2011 SP2
Message 3 of 7
minkd

The installer will be trying to install into the default site, which is likely set to use the DefaultAppPool; so yes, the DefaultAppPool should be running.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 7
guyh
in reply to: minkd

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply.  I know DefaultAppPool should be running so what could be causing it to stop running following or during the precheck?

Regards,

Guy

AutoCADM 2011 SP2
Inventor Pro 2011 SP2
Message 5 of 7
guyh

Ok so I am down to 1 issue.

I managed to resole the issue regarding DefaultAppPools stopping.  I had to go into Component Services, drill down to DCOM Config and find IIS Admin Service.  Then through the properties and security tab allow Network Service permissions.  This now passed the pre-check.

I am left with the error ASPX file failed to run at URL: "http://localhost/TestASP/TestASPNet.aspx".

I am on Win 2k3 server.  I have registered the ASP.Net service again, allowed access through IIS and checked it is my default website setting.  I still have the error.

Can anybody suggest something else?

Thanks,

Guy

AutoCADM 2011 SP2
Inventor Pro 2011 SP2
Message 6 of 7
minkd

When you get the pre-check error, you can open up the error to get more detail. For most things I think there are also suggestions for how to resolve it.  If those don't work can you post the detail?

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 7
guyh

Gone through all that.  I'm at the stage of looking at IIS permissions etc.  I'm going to speak to our VAR but I'll be honest I have no faith in most of them beyond what I already know.  

Thanks,

Guy

AutoCADM 2011 SP2
Inventor Pro 2011 SP2

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report