Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot print Change Order Summary

24 REPLIES 24
SOLVED
Message 1 of 25
mthomas
1956 Views, 24 Replies

Cannot print Change Order Summary

Using Vault Pro 2012...

Whenever we try and print the change order summary we get a message... "There was an internal error and Internet Explorer is unable to print this document"

I've tried on a couple different systems and get the same results.

It doesn't seem to matter what the title is nor what we select to print. The Print Preview is displayed correctly, but when we attempt to print we get the error. I've tried numerous printers including our Xerox as well as the Microsoft XPS printer.

I'm using IE 9, my system has all Windows Updates.

Any ideas?

Mike

Mike Thomas

24 REPLIES 24
Message 21 of 25

Kenny,

This is indeed fixed in Vault 2014 SP1. You can see that from the Readme.

http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/Readme_Vault_2014ServicePack1.html

Have you tried IE9 with Vault 2014 SP1? Please let us know if you still see an issue.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 22 of 25
steveh4
in reply to: Senthil_Kumar

But, it's now broke again with IE10. After years of being broke, fixed, broke, fixed, broke....you would think you would rely on something other than IE. How about Chrome or Mozilla, or Adobe? Just write to a pdf.....

Inventor---Vault Professional
Message 23 of 25

@senthil-Autodesk wrote:

Kenny,

This is indeed fixed in Vault 2014 SP1. You can see that from the Readme.

http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/Readme_Vault_2014ServicePack1.html

Have you tried IE9 with Vault 2014 SP1? Please let us know if you still see an issue.

We are on Subscription Release 1, therefore we've already had SP1 since it's mandatory prior to going SR1. So if it was fixed in SP1 then it should be working for SR1...but it's not.

The issue stills exists regards of IE version. IE10 was locking my browser up entirely when I tried it so I had to roll back to IE9 to even be stable again.

If you right click on a change order and click print change order summary we get this error..

keyerror.jpg

However if you double click the change order to open/view it and then click on File->Print Change Order Summary we get a preview, and are able to select our printer to print to. But once you click the actual "print" button on the dialog box we will get this error....

ieerror.jpg

Regards,
Kenny
If this post solved your issue please mark "Accept as Solution". It helps everyone...really!
Message 24 of 25
steveh4
in reply to: kwilson_design

Thanks Ken...

You help me find a new place to print the change order which I didn't realize was there....

I agree with him on the Actions/Print Change Order Summary --> it errors out with "The given key was not present in the dictionary".

I didn't know the following existed until Ken pointed it out...

When I "View and Respond" on the change. Then, File/Print Change Order Summary, I can get a print. It works for me!!!!!

Here's our system specs....

Running VP2014

SP1 Update

HF for SP1 (DL21995541)

Subscription Update 1

IE10

Thank you,

Steve H.

Inventor---Vault Professional
Message 25 of 25
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: steveh4

Kenny and Steve,

I agree that this is broken and I am extremely sorry for all the inconvenience. I have sent this to development team. In the meantime please use the workaround ( Open ECO and Print).

Thanks and Sorry again!

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report