Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANNOT INSTALL VAULT PRO ADD IN FOR INVENTOR 2012

18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
lopexergy
1738 Views, 18 Replies

CANNOT INSTALL VAULT PRO ADD IN FOR INVENTOR 2012

I am migrating to 2012, and I cannot install the Vault Pro Add in for Inventor.

When I try to add features using "programs and features" appears the list of possible add in, but not for Inventor.

I'm using Vista enterprise 64bits.

Any Idea?

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: lopexergy

Hi,

Vault Add-in for Inventor is included in the Inventor installation. So when you install Inventor the Vault add-in gets installed along with that. But it will be loaded only when you have Vault Client (any flavour) installed in the same system.

After the installation of Vault Client and Inventor, if you start Inventor you can see the Vault Tab in the Ribbon.

Hope the above helps you.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 3 of 19
lopexergy
in reply to: Senthil_Kumar

Thanks for your answer, but I try any way, the Vault Pro ADD in, doesn´t apear.

Is there any different configuration If I have installed Inventor Pro 2012 from the Product Design Suite Ultimate??

Regards.

Message 4 of 19
Senthil_Kumar

Do you have Vault Professional Client Installed in your system?

If yes, please do the following and let us know the results

1. Start Inventor

2. Go to Tools Tab in the Ribbon

3. Select Add-ins

4. Select "Inventor Vault" from the Available add-ins list and check the "Loaded/Unloaded" and "Load Automatically" boxes below  under load behaviour.

This should bring the Vault Tab in the Ribbon.

Please let us know if you still cannot see the Vault Tab in the Ribbon.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 19

I also am having this issue.  I've loaded inventor 2012, then loaded Vault pro 2012, I get the Vault tab, it's loaded in the Add Ins, however the Vault tab is missing some information.  I cannot log into the Vault from Inventor or open a file from the Vault from Inventor.  I've unloaded Vault and cleared the registry too.?????

Tom

Thomas Fitzgerald

Principal Implementation Consultant
Message 6 of 19

Tom, please check the Inventor Add-in dialog, and RMB and choose "Show Hidden Addins" and look for the EDM add-in.  It needs to be loaded - this is where the Login / Logout functionality lies.

If it is missing, you should be able to bring it back by running the following:

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2012\bin\Connectivity.InventorAddin.EdmAddinRegistration.exe" /uninstall
"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2012\bin\Connectivity.InventorAddin.EdmAddinRegistration.exe" /install

(depending on your environment, the file path location might be different.)

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 7 of 19

Andy,  Thanks, that was it!

Tom

Thomas Fitzgerald

Message 8 of 19
terry.fairlamb

I have both Vault 2012 Professional and Inventor 2012 Professional on my system and I have no tab for vault in the Inventor ribbon, neither is the Vault Add in available in the drop down list of available add ins.  Any ideas as to what I have to do to get the Vault tab in my Inventor ribbon?

Message 9 of 19
Senthil_Kumar

Try the following and let us know how it goes.

1. Close all the running applications.

2. Go to Control Panel->Programs and Features-> Select 2012 Client->RMB Uninstall/Change-> Add or Remove features

3. Ensure Inventor 2012 Add-in is checked. If not check and update the installation.

This should bring the Vault add-in inside Inventor now

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 10 of 19

That took care of it, thanks a million. Cordially, Terry Fairlamb, CMfgE Sr. Engineering Designer Parker Hannifin Corporation Parker Aerospace Fluid Systems Division 711 Taylor Street Elyria, OH 44035 direct 440-284-6364 terry.fairlamb@parker.com www.parker.com "PLEASE NOTE: The preceding information may be confidential or privileged. It only should be used or disseminated for the purpose of conducting business with Parker. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete the information from your system. Thank you for your cooperation."
Message 11 of 19
jeamy.baena
in reply to: Senthil_Kumar

Hi, Experts

I have the same problem of lopexergy, (VAULT PRO 2013, PRODUCT DESIGN ULTIMATE 2013). but only with AutoCAD, Mechanical and Electrical, this option is missing when I launch the installer.

We resetted the OS, tried installing with various installers, but the problem still continue.

Please see the image.

Any suggestion?

Thanks!!

Message 12 of 19
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: jeamy.baena

Did you install Vault Basic Client along with AutoCAD Mechanical and Electrical? Also do you see Vault Tab inside AutoCAD Mechanical and Electrical?

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 13 of 19
jeamy.baena
in reply to: jeamy.baena

Hi,

When we started the suite installation, we did not install vault basic. Next, we installed Vault Pro.

We tried to find vault menu files inside Autocad, electrical and mechanical but, they are not in their support folders.

Actually, we can't see the vault tabs inside of these products.

Thanks for your help.

Message 14 of 19

The typical installation procedure is to install the design applications first and then Vault lastly.  This ensures that the Vault Addin gets installed to all the detected design applications.  If you installed Inventor, then Vault, then ACAD E, then ACAD M, then you will only see the Addin in Inventor.  Please reinstall Vault Pro again ensuring that you have the appropriate permissions and that any anti virus software is disabled.

Thanks,

Thomas Fitzgerald

Message 15 of 19
Esky99!
in reply to: Andy.Spivey

Hi Andy

We have 1 machine that is not seeing the Vault add in within Inventor.

I come across a previous post you entered in stated that it is possible to bring back the add in via executing the following:

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2012\bin\Connectivity.InventorAddin.EdmAddinRegistration.exe" /uninstall
"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2012\bin\Connectivity.InventorAddin.EdmAddinRegistration.exe" /install

I cannot find these exe files located in the Inventor 2014 folder......

Can you please assist here.

Currently have Inventor Pro 2014 and Vault Pro 2015. Working fine on other machines...

Thanks

Message 16 of 19
samuel.seah
in reply to: Esky99!

You need Vault Pro 2014 in order to install the add-in for Inventor Pro 2014. The add-in for Vault Pro 2015 is only compatible with Inventor Pro 2015.

-Samuel

Message 17 of 19
Esky99!
in reply to: samuel.seah

Yep thanks

Message 18 of 19
Andy.Spivey
in reply to: Esky99!

Hi Kopex - I just want to verify that you are all set with this?

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 19 of 19
Esky99!
in reply to: Andy.Spivey

Hi Andy

Yes all good thanks. Had a brain explosion!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report