Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Edit User Defined Property

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
meck
722 Views, 5 Replies

Cannot Edit User Defined Property

I'm a vault admin newbee so be gentle.

I have a UDP called Customer that is mapped to the Company property in Inventor. I also want to use Customer with PDF files after they are placed into vault. When I try to edit the pdf's customer property in the vault the field is grayed out. I assume I have a setting incorrect but I cannot figure out what it is.

Can someone give me some guidence to track down this issue.

Attached is a screen shot of the mapping for the UDP Customer. (If that even helps)

Thanks in advance!

Mike Eck
Master Drafter/ CAD Programmer
Using Inventor 2018
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
cbenner
in reply to: meck

Hi,

Based on your image, I assume you are using the "Other" settings to populate the .pdf files?  If so, this mapping is set to run from file to Vault as a one way mapping.  This means the property can only be changed on the file, and then will update in the Vault when the file is checked in.  To be able to change it in the Vault and "push" out to the file the mapping needs to go both ways.

Also, just wondering why you have so many (assuming) identical mappings in your Autocad section.  These could cause conflicts.  One per file type is best.

Message 3 of 6
meck
in reply to: cbenner

Thanks for the response.

I tried to set the other to go both ways but it will not let me change it. It doesn't respond when I click on it. Can I set up a file type just for pdfs? If so where do I do that at?

As far as the AutoCAD setting go. We had a consultant set them up. He said because we have so many different title blocks with different block names we need all of them. We have purchased companies along the way and they name their titleblocks differently.

Mike Eck
Using Inventor 2018
Message 4 of 6
cbenner
in reply to: meck

There is no specific mapping to a PDF that I can see.  I just played with the "other" mappings, and I can only get them to go one way as well.  Not sure if there is anything we can do for this.  Must be that Vault is unable to write out to those files, only pull in data already on them.

As for the Autocad thing... it seems odd to me, but I won't second guess your consultant.  If it ain't broke, as they say...  🙂

Message 5 of 6
meck

OK at least I know it is not me. LOL

Thanks for all your help!

Mike Eck
Using Inventor 2018
Message 6 of 6
tmoney2007

It still doesn't look right. Generally when you are mapping multiple blocks into one property you see the full block name and tag name.

Like it would show "<Block Name>.<Tag Name>" rather than just the tag name.

My vault has way more than that. We had different blocks for different divisions of the company, even though they were the same except for a few properties,...

Its a nightmare,...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report