Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot check in Inventor dwg because of .png

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Winks87
414 Views, 4 Replies

Cannot check in Inventor dwg because of .png

I have a "steelplt.png" file that Inventor tells me is not in the correct library path.  The problem is that it is in the correct path as defined by the project file.  I cannot check in dwg because the "steelplt.png is not in the correct library path".  Has anyone seen this and how to fix?

James Winkler
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: Winks87

If you are using your own Template and if that template refers to that PNG file, ensure that also in the same workspace. If that doesn't help, please send me the dataset at senthilDOTkumarATautodeskDOTcom

Also mention the version of Inventor and Vault that you are using.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 3 of 5
Winks87
in reply to: Senthil_Kumar

Thanks for the reply, we figured out that a material appearance file (steelplt.png) was linked to the dwg file.  We removed the link and checked in the dwg.  I will need to find out why this happened - I'm guessing Vault may have attached this in some way but not sure.

Inventor 2013

Vault 2013 pro

James Winkler
Message 4 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: Winks87

This happens a lot with custom textures and such.  They actually need to be in the official textures location, (wherever that is on your system).  it's not enough for them to be somewhere within your project search path.  I ran into this a few years back.   The thread is probably still somewhere in this forum, but I can't remember what to search for.... bmp maybe?

Message 5 of 5
Winks87
in reply to: cbenner

Thanks, I will take a look.  I thought I had all of this stuff where it was supposed to be.

James Winkler

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report