Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot check in from laptop

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
danny
442 Views, 3 Replies

cannot check in from laptop

Hi All,

I have a Laptop on wich I must check out and check in files, the Vault server is on my workstation. I had it working the other way around, (server on laptop) but changed it.

Now I cannot check in my files into the server, I can check them out and save them, the vault explorer says the files are checked out,(also on another computer) But I cannot check them in again.

I put off my firewall on the server side to see if that helped, but still not working.

Any thoughts?

Vault basic 2014

Regards
Danny

Inventor 2014 sp1 | Vault basic 2014 | HP Elitebook 8670W | win7 64b | 8Gb | GMT +1
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
r.smith1
in reply to: danny

Hi danny

When you check out a file from Vault, it retains WHO checked out the file and WHAT computer checked it out.  If you check out Files to computer A then move them to computer B, and try to check them into the Vault, you will have the issues described.  

To fix this, you will need to undo the check out, keeping local files of course.

Go to computer B, and check out the files, not getting vaulted copies to the local working folder of course.

Note, it's a really good idea to zip the workspace before doing this.

Once the files are checked out and you have the updated local copies open in your CAD software, check them in and you'll be all set.  

Ron Smith
New Product Introduction Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
danny
in reply to: r.smith1

Hi Ron,

I understand what you  mean. But that is not the case.

I connect trough LAN connection to the Vault Server, and then I have this issues!

First I had my laptop running as a Vault server, so when leaving town I had my server with me when I needed it on the away trip. But now I need to collaborate with (external) others so the Vault should be on the office PC.

When making a backup and restore it on my laptop all is working fine, but when I setup the Vault server on my office PC I got the issues as earlier described.

So my question now is, are there any rights to set for users when then connect to the Vault?

Regards
Danny

Inventor 2014 sp1 | Vault basic 2014 | HP Elitebook 8670W | win7 64b | 8Gb | GMT +1
Message 4 of 4
danny
in reply to: danny

To all,

I found the problem.

Because I switched from one location of the server to another the vault locations is different.

I opened a model in Vault and then Inventor was opened. And Inventor must seperately changed from Vault...

So in inventor my Vault was on the old location, changed that and everything woked like it should.

Regards
Danny

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report