Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change ownership on replicated file

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
mark.cloyed
429 Views, 1 Reply

Cannot change ownership on replicated file

I have a client with a replicated environment in VP2014.  A subscriber server has failed and cannot be restored at this time.  Is there a way to regain ownership by the publisher site (if the publisher cannot contact the subscriber to resolve the ownership)?  I believe in the past, if I request ownership on the working server, I still am not able to acquire ownership since the servers cannot reconcile who controls it.  Please advise.

Thanks,
Mark

Regards,
Mark Cloyed
IMAGINiT Technologies
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
JamesMcMullen
in reply to: mark.cloyed

Hi Mark,

I am not aware of an easy way to transfer ownership when the server is "offline".  How are you planning on bringing the offline server back online?  The reason why I ask, is that you can remove that particular workgroup from the system which will transfer ownership back to the publisher.  The problem with this solution is that you will lose whatever data is on that subscriber since the last backup.  Also, depending on the latency to that site it could some time to bring it back online when you attach it back to the publisher.

-Jim

James McMullen
Principal SQA Eng.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report