Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access ADMS after update

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
lex.brink
578 Views, 3 Replies

Cannot access ADMS after update

Hi,

We're running Vault pro 2014 SP1 and someone asked if they could access it via the webclient. After looking around i found the new thin client update.

So i installed it by downloading "Autodesk Vault 2014 Subscription Release 1". ( i did backup the vault first)

However after this i can't login to the ADMS console anymore. I tried connecting with a client and it only says that the vault needs migrating by logging into the ADMS console (which i can't). I've done the iisreset as well and a restart of the server, but nothing works.

Does anyone now what to do?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
chearhuat
in reply to: lex.brink

Hi Lex,

After patching 'Autodesk Vault 2014 Subscription Release 1', you need to open ADMS to update/migrate the database.

Once the databases are upgraded, you should be able to access them.

Also, you need to apply the same 'Autodesk Vault 2014 Subscription Release 1' for the client machine (those installed with Vault Explorer, AutoCAD products, etc) too.

Let us know if that helps...

Regards,
Chear Huat.

Chear Huat
SQA Analyst
DLS- Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!
Message 3 of 4
marina.collet
in reply to: lex.brink

Did you try a B2Bmigrate?

I don't know if it's needed for that SP, but it usually is (should be specifies in the readme).

Message 4 of 4
lex.brink
in reply to: chearhuat

The problem was that I couldn't login to the ADMS anymore.

However this is solved now.
The problem was that in the SQL settings the administrator for the SQL database was set to locked. After unchecking this I could login again and it migrated the database immediatly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report