Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we change item security?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
mark.cloyed
409 Views, 2 Replies

Can we change item security?

I have a question about item security.  I want to set the security on items so that the internal Administrator account can edit them even though they are in the released state.  I would like to change the category of the items without having to go through a state change.

I have tried going into the vault settings, to the item security.  I have added the administrator account with full permissions and have removed all other accounts and groups.  That still gives me an error that I can't edit an item in the released state.  I cannot remove all entries in the item ACL.  It gives me an error that I don't have adequate permissions to do this.  Is there a way to edit released items without changing the states back to WIP?

Thanks,
Mark

Regards,
Mark Cloyed
IMAGINiT Technologies
Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
olearya
in reply to: mark.cloyed

Hey Mark,

No, the item security setting you are referring to actually relates to the linked files.  You can never edit a released item and this is as designed.  

In order to edit a released Item it needs to go to WIP - this can be achieved by turning off the revision bump rule in the Item rules but we did recently introduce a "quick change" type functionality in the change revision dialog which allows you to skip revision bump on state change.

Hope this helps.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
mark.cloyed
in reply to: mark.cloyed

Thanks Allan,  I appreciate the confirmation.

Mark

Regards,
Mark Cloyed
IMAGINiT Technologies

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report