Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the Web client be accessed remotely?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
scottmoyse
412 Views, 3 Replies

Can the Web client be accessed remotely?

Can the web client be accessed off site? Our office is based in NZ but we have staff working on a project in Croatia. I would like to be able to send them a web client link to a file in my Vault via an e-mail, so then all they have to do is click on the link and it browse to the files.

I thought this was a feature of Vault Pro when we purchased it but it appears thats not the case and the only way that would be possible is via VPN.

Anyone got any ideas? 

cheers

Scott

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
yuhui.zhang
in reply to: scottmoyse

It's possible to configure the Vault Server to allow remote connections over the internet using a Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN), please check topic Configure a Remote Vault Connection Using FQDN in Vault 2012 Advanced Configuration Guide (wiki, pdf). Does it anwser your question?

Fay Zhang
Software QA Engineer
Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!

Message 3 of 4
scottmoyse
in reply to: yuhui.zhang

i think this will do it. will talk to our IT guy about the host record stuff then I will give it a crack.

I'm a bit confused about where the IP address mentioned in point 8 comes from:

"8. In the Add/Edit Web Site Identification dialog box, select the correct IP address that will interact with the website."

can you clarify this for me please?

Once this is setup will hyperlinks copied from vault explorer, pasted into an e-mail work for remote access?

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 4 of 4
ihayesjr
in reply to: scottmoyse

IIS will show you all of the IP address associated with your server.  If there is only 1 IP address, you will choose that one.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report