Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't uninstall Vault Pro 2014 Thin Client

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
tahdesign1
785 Views, 8 Replies

Can't uninstall Vault Pro 2014 Thin Client

I have built a new Server and realized I had gone down the wrong path for my upgrade.

So I needed to uninstalled the Vault Pro 2014 SR1 SP1 that is installed and then install Vault Basic 2014.

However, I can not seems to get the SR1 Release to uninstall. Neither the uninstall tool nor the control panel method will work.

See the attached screesn shots from both methods.

The server I am working with is as follows:

Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard

Microsoft SQL Server 2012

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
samuel.seah
in reply to: tahdesign1

Do you by any chance remember the Windows/Domain user account which you have used to install the Vault Pro 2014 SR1 containing the Thin Client? 

If you do, could you please attempt to use the same Windows/Domain user account to perform the uninstall of the Thin Client again?

-Samuel

Message 3 of 9
tahdesign1
in reply to: samuel.seah

Samuel,

This is a new server I was building. Only my user account has been on it to install the software.

So I am the one that installed it and I am the one trying to uninstall it.

Message 4 of 9
samuel.seah

If that's the case, could you please attach your install logs from the %temp% folder so that we can have a look into this? 

Namely:

Autodesk Thin Client Setup

Autodesk Thin Client Install (en-us)

Autodesk Thin Client Install

Autodesk Vault Professional 2014 (Server) Setup

Autodesk Vault Professional 2014 (Server) Install (en-us)

Autodesk Vault Professional 2014 (Server) Install

-Samuel

Message 5 of 9
tahdesign1

I have attached all the files that you requested plus one extra that was there for language pack in a zip file (since the ng would only allow 3 per post)

Message 6 of 9
samuel.seah

Thanks for the logs, I'll forward it to the Dev team to have a look at the uninstall issue.

Do note we do not recommend installing the 2014 release on Windows Server 2012 R2 since it's an unsupported Operating System. We also do not recommend that you go from Vault Pro back to Vault Basic since this is an unsupported "upgrade" path and it will cause issues with the SQL database. This "upgrade" path from Vault Pro to Vault Basic is acutally blocked in the ADMS pre-checks. A clean install is required in this case but that will mean a lost of data.

-Samuel

Message 7 of 9
tahdesign1

Sorry I think it was not clear that this is not an upgrade on a server that has ANY data one it. This is a new server with just the software installed that I had intended to restore a backup to but realized that was not the correct path.

What I am trying to do is a clean install of ADMS but first I need to un-install the 2014 Pro Product that is there.

The end game here is to be running the 2015 Pro Product and that is the specs this server was built to (OS and SQL).

You state that Windows Server 2012 Standard R2 (release date October 2013) is not a supported OS for the 2014 product (release date March 2013) BUT it is for the 2015 product. I had assumed this was just because it was not out in order to have been tested with the 2014 product release.

Just so you know what I am actually trying to do here, we are on Vault Basic 2012 and I am trying to upgrade to Vault Pro 2014 (Then to 2015 after the dust settles). So the basic steps I am going through (as suggest by ither users on the ng and an ADSKer from a support request) is as follows:

1. Clone current production server (Basic 2012), run rename script on the clone
  2. Upgrade the Basic 2012 clone to Basic 2014 (test. test. test)
  3. Create backup from clone Basic 2014
  4. Go to NEW Server (The one this thread is about) with Vault Basic 2014 and restore the backup from the clone server (test. test. test)
  5. Upgrade New server from Vault Basic 2014 to Vault Pro 2014
  6. Now my product environment is on Vault Pro 2014. Once I am sure we are stable, upgrade to Vault Pro 2015.

So you see the server I am working with at the moment just has the software on it. I just need to get the current ADMS product off of it so I can then get Basic on it for this path.

Message 8 of 9
tahdesign1

OK so I finally got this to un-install by reinstalling over top first.

Not sure what had gotten messed up but since I was about to just rebuild the server anyway I figured I could just try that first.

Message 9 of 9
samuel.seah

From the logs, it seems that the Language Pack for Thin Client has somehow been already removed and hence the error. But anyway, good to hear that it's working for you now. Let us know if you encounter any further issues. 

-Samuel

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report