Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't See Files in Vault Professional 2013

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Bill.Schmid
843 Views, 3 Replies

Can't See Files in Vault Professional 2013

I've got a user running Vault Professional 2013.  She couldn't see any files in Vault.  Directories yes, files no.  It wasn't a filter.

I had her try going through the web client - she could see files, no problem.  She logged into another computer and ran Vault Pro - she could see files no problem.

So I had her try a repair install and then a re-install and then an un-install followed by a re-install.  She still can't see files in Vault on her computer.

But, last week she installed Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2014.  Would that have done something to her computer that is affecting Vault Pro 2013?  If so, how would we fix it - uninstall IDS 2014 then re-install Vault Pro 2013?  If that's not the issue, any ideas what it could be?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: Bill.Schmid

@Bill.Schmid wrote:

But, last week she installed Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2014.  Would that have done something to her computer that is affecting Vault Pro 2013?  If so, how would we fix it - uninstall IDS 2014 then re-install Vault Pro 2013?  If that's not the issue, any ideas what it could be?

yep 2014 installs .net 4.5 you need to install vault 2013 sp1 to fix this

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

from the SP1  read me on what it fixes

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21017345&linkID=9261341

Files are not
visible in the main grid when .NET 4.5 is installed.

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
Bill.Schmid
in reply to: DarrenP

Ah yes, Service Pack 1.  I downloaded it and was about to have her install it when I remembered why we didn't install it in the first place.  It requires upgrading the server, first.  Since we weren't having any problems, we chose not to install it.  We probably still won't, since we're trying to get IT to upgrade to 2014.  We'll uninstall .net 4.5 and re-install Vault 2013.

Thanks for the really quick help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report