Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't check file in because Vault can;t find file in TEMP folder

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jweiss1313
1805 Views, 5 Replies

Can't check file in because Vault can;t find file in TEMP folder

I have a Vault Pro 2013 SP1 user who is having problems the last couple of days with checking in some Word files he is working on.  He checks out the file to his local workspace and makes his changes.  When he tries to check in the file, Vault gives him and error that says the file cannot be found from a folder in his C:\TEMP folder.  We can't understand why Vault would be looking for the file in the TEMP folder and not the local workspace where the file was checked out to.  I'm attaching a screen capture of his TEMP folder that contains severa strange folders whose name starts with the Servername, then the Vault name and then a bunch of numbers.

I had the user perform an undo check out. Then a check out without a file download and then he was able to check in the file.  This file is over 56 mb, and we have had many issues with large files in Vault since we implemented it three years ago.

Any help would be appreciated!

Vault Professional 2013 SP1

Dell Precision mobile workstation

Windows 7 x64

16 GB RAM

Nvidia Quadro 2000M

Microsoft Office 2013

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
r.smith1
in reply to: jweiss1313

Hi John,

Please undo the check out, cleared the C:\Temp, open MS Word, login to Vault and use open from Vault to check out and modify.

What are the results?

Ron Smith
New Product Introduction Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6
jweiss1313

Ron,

We undid the check out and deleted the temp folder.  We also just upgraded to Vault Pro 2014.  Everything seems to be working properly.  Thanks for your help

John C Weiss Jr.
CAD Manager
Follett LLC.
Message 4 of 6
plasser.us

We do face the same issue with some users. Doing undo check out and checking out again works but I am tryng to figure out what causes this to happen. When are files copied to temp directory. I am guessing if Vault crashes it leaves file checked out in temp location.

Message 5 of 6
r.smith1
in reply to: plasser.us

This will generally happen if you select view in window  then try to check it out work on it and check it back in, instead of Open, or using Open from Vault in the Office Add-in.  

Ron Smith
New Product Introduction Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 6
plasser.us
in reply to: r.smith1

The problem we are having is with Inventor drawing, when we do view in window it opens in inventor viewer and we don't have any option to check it out there. Could there be any other possibility of recreating this behavior?

Generally we check out within Inventor (either in browser or by doing open from vault), So users right click in Vault cleint and do get/checkout or click open. Could this create this issue? Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report