Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone explain the Shop Floor Web Client in Vault Professional?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Winks87
502 Views, 2 Replies

Can someone explain the Shop Floor Web Client in Vault Professional?

I see under the Vault Professional, there is the abililty for the shop floor to "Query, view & print" using a web client.  If you had enough licenses, could you just set up a computer with Vault client for viewing purposes only?  Im not sure I understand the added functionality.  If someone is using this in Vault Professional, could you please explain the added benefits?  We are looking to upgrade from the basic Vault and are trying to learn the added benefits listed in the brochure.  Thank you.

James Winkler
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dherman469
in reply to: Winks87

Hello,

We use the web client for several reasons.

1)  We have a somewhat large factory, and we do not want our machinists taking up vault licenses that engineers and drafters need to use.

2)  The machinists are only able to see Released Items in the web client.  If they used a full version of Vault, then they could see Obsolete or Work in Progress Items. 

3)  There is almost no training involved in order to use the web client.  English is a second language for many people in our factory, so it is easier to show them how to use the web client than the full version of Vault.  There is also no danger of them accidentally modifying any Items in the web client. 

Those are some of the benefits that we have seen in using the web client.  Not every company is the same, so you might not find the same things valuable.  I hope this helps.

Daniel Hermanson

Message 3 of 3
Winks87
in reply to: dherman469

Thanks Daniel.  That's what I was looking for.

James Winkler

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report