Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not get Properties To Sync

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Doug_DuPont
352 Views, 8 Replies

Can not get Properties To Sync

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, This should be Vault 2013 Collaboration 101

I can not get Files from WIP to Released without Manually using Sync Properties First?

Can anyone Please Help Me. I have been though all the Video on YouTube, Cracking The Vault Blogs, and Wiki

Douglas DuPont
Inventor 2016 Pro, Vault 2016 Pro
Quadro M4000
Windows 10 64 Bit
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
olearya
in reply to: Doug_DuPont

Hi Douglas,

It seems that you have a transition rule set up on these files - this means that you require file properties to be correct BEFORE you can release.

Typically this means you have changed a property (like changed revision, added extra information) which is mapped to the file but you have not opened the file to update and reflect the latest value, sync properties does this for you.

Does this make sense?

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 9
Doug_DuPont
in reply to: olearya

No this does not make sense.

I make a new part model and idw in my workspace, I check them into Vault First Time, I try to change the state to Released from Inside Inventor with no luck. I open Vault Client and try from there with the same no luck.

In the Transitions WIP to Released I have a property compliant is compliant in the Critia, I am the Admin,

I used the out of the box Flexible Lifecycle as a template?

Douglas DuPont
Quadro M4000
Windows 10 64 Bit
Message 4 of 9
olearya

Hi Doug,

This is likely the revision - when you add a file to Vault it will assign a revision - if this is mapped and the revisions are not the same then you will not be able to release.

You should see in the sync property dialog what property is being updated to confirm this.

The simplest solution here is to add the initial release revision value to your Inventor template (A or 1 etc) so it is in sync as soon as it is added to Vault.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 9
Doug_DuPont

The - is the first initial Revision Release that we have setup in our revision scheme?

Are you saying I should add a Revision - to our template files?

Douglas DuPont
Quadro M4000
Windows 10 64 Bit
Message 6 of 9
olearya

Hi Douglas,

Yes, if this is the property that is out of sync adding to the template will correct it.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 9
Doug_DuPont

That fixed with new files I am making, Thank you,

I'm guessing that all the files that I have already made that do not have a starting Revision of - I'm out of luck?

I have many files not in Vault yet with no revision at all or with a revision A or B or C etc.

On the ones that has a Rev I will use the Revise procedure to get the letter to Vault Revision, On the files that have no revision I was hoping that the sync property would push the Vault Revision to the file revision when I released it.

Isn't that how it should work?

Douglas DuPont
Quadro M4000
Windows 10 64 Bit
Message 8 of 9
olearya

Existing files which are out of sync simply need to be sync'd - you should be able to search on any files that are non compliant and do this in one hit.

In terms of files with higher revisions you can actually through the "revise" command select a file property to set the revision so after adding, instead of sync'ing straight away revise them and use the exiting rev property.

In terms of when we actually commit the revision, this is done when you "revise" the file, that is, when you change from release to WIP - the idea here is that a release file should not be modified (have revision changed) and actually doing it at this point in the workflow means your working copy is a new revision and the rev property will update in the file when you edit - gets around this sync drama.

Hope this helps.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 9 of 9
Doug_DuPont

Well I spoke to soon.

Both ipt and idw templates have revision -

I was able to release ipt and idw to Revision -, Great

So I changed State to WIP on both idw and ipt. Vault Verision Changes To A on Both ipt and idw. And show not compliant.

I open both file up up Inventor and make a small change to and idw. Save, I hylite Both idw and ipt in the browser and check in.

Standard operating procedures

I did this 3 times on different files

2 times the ipt updated to Revision A and the idw stayed at -

and the third time it was reversed?

Vault this is not rocket science, this is your basics that Vault is suposed to do.

Douglas DuPont
Quadro M4000
Windows 10 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report