Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk copy BCP error

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
gerry_treacy
421 Views, 4 Replies

Bulk copy BCP error

I am testing BCP (2014 update 1) and get an error when trying to export data from a Vault - it throws an exception after processing files saying it cannot find the stored procedure 'GetCustomEntitiesByDefID' - see screen capture below. I'm using a test Vault with 2014 server & client on the same machine and have created some test custom objects. Any ideas on why the sp is missing and what can I do to rectify it?

error.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
gerry_treacy
in reply to: gerry_treacy

Anyone got any input on this, any Autodesk people who can point me in the right direction?

I tried a different server and it worked - only difference I can see is that the working one does not have SP1 applied. Will do another test on a clean install with SP1. Meanwhile if anyone can offer some suggestions it would be appreciated.

Message 3 of 5
gerry_treacy

OK, this looks like a bug in the 64bit SP1 version of BCP to me. I did a clean install on another Win 7 Pro machine and applied SP1 and I get the same error again. It works on a 32bit machine without SP1. Where do I go from here?

Message 4 of 5

Could you attach the log file from the export with the error message? You can create the log file by using the /L:"C:\logfilepath.txt" switch for BCP.

Message 5 of 5
gerry_treacy

I did not get the 64bit update 1 version to work but the 64bit Subscription Rel 1 does work so I am using that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report