Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Releasing to Rev A

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
bcitrowske
358 Views, 4 Replies

Batch Releasing to Rev A

My company uses numerical revs up to the delivery of product to the customer. At that point we bump all the drawing to Rev A. Is there a way to Batch Release from numerical to Letter Rev A in the Vault?

Thanks

Bryan

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cbenner
in reply to: bcitrowske

@bcitrowske wrote:

My company uses numerical revs up to the delivery of product to the customer. At that point we bump all the drawing to Rev A. Is there a way to Batch Release from numerical to Letter Rev A in the Vault?

Thanks

Bryan

Hello Bryan,

The answer depends on what type and version of Vault you are using (ie. Vault Pro, Vault Basic etc.).  It also depends on what type of lifecycle management you have set up in your Vault.  If you have Vault Pro, do you use Items?

Message 3 of 5
mark.cloyed

Hi Bryan,

Generally speaking, there can be several possiblities.  I personally set up a vault with a revision scheme that starts with some set of numerical values and then continues with the alpha values.  This allows a file to start at rev '0' or '1' and then you can manually push it up to 'A'.  You can do this to multiple files at one time.  Selecting all files that need to have their revision values updated, you can use the 'Revise' or 'Change Revision' command to display these files in the dialog box.  You can set the first file to the 'A' rev and then copy it to all the other files. 

Thanks,
Mark

Regards,
Mark Cloyed
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 4 of 5
bcitrowske
in reply to: mark.cloyed

Thanks Mark for the Response,

I was able to bring up the dialog box with multiple parts using the "revise" button but was unable to change the revision. is there a step i'm missing?

I do have Vault Pro not sure the version. we are using Items and doing all the Rev changes at the part not the drawing.

Thanks

Bryan

Message 5 of 5
mark.cloyed

I stand corrected.  I recalled a way to more easily change multiple revisions.  Upon further review, I can do it if using file-based revisions, but not item-based revisions.  For item control, I can only pick one item at a time to revise.  I will clarify that I am seeing this behavior in Vault Pro 2014.  I believe the same behavior will be true for 2015.  You might consider engaging someone that can create a custom application for Vault to automate the process.

Regards,

Mark

Regards,
Mark Cloyed
IMAGINiT Technologies

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report