Vault General Discussion

*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 1 of 6 (238 Views)

Batch plotting Viualizations-Item Master

238 Views, 5 Replies
10-19-2012 08:33 AM

Hey,

Is there any way to batch plot a group of individual Item Visualizations... for example a series on one page Autocad files from different locations in Item Master?  I want to plot them with the watermark, and so far I can only see to do them one page at a time.  When sending them to a .pdf that is a lengthy process.... print to .pdf, add that sheet to the main .pdf.... etc.

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cbennertipstricks.blogspot.com/

Employee
olearya
Message 2 of 6 (201 Views)

Re: Batch plotting Viualizations-Item Master

10-23-2012 03:38 PM in reply to: cbenner

Hey Chris,

Have you tried using a pdf plotter via batch plot command?  You should be able to add sheets from a number of Items, add your own watermark (custom or tied to their Vault status) and perhaps depending on the pdf writer you should be able to append to one file.

Let me know if you have issue with this.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 3 of 6 (120 Views)

06-20-2013 11:41 AM in reply to: olearya

Allen,

I'm finally messing with this again.... I've gotten to where I can batch plot to pdf... but it still creates one pdf for each item, I'd like it to go to ONE single pdf file containing all of the drawings.  Haven't quite figured out how to hget the watermark on them yet either.

ChrisB

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 4 of 6 (106 Views)

06-24-2013 05:59 AM in reply to: cbenner

Ok, I got the watermarks and such... but it still plots each drawing to an individual pdf.  This is with Autocad drawings from an Acad Electrical project.  Inventor drawings will work just fine since they plot as a sheet set.  If this cannot be done, it will go directly into the Idea Station.  :smileyhappy:

ChrisB

Employee
olearya
Message 5 of 6 (93 Views)

06-24-2013 05:00 PM in reply to: cbenner

Hey Chris, 

Add this to ideastation so we can investigate further.

Cheers,

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 6 of 6 (83 Views)

06-25-2013 04:40 AM in reply to: olearya

Thanks Allen, Idea posted... ready for Kudos!  :smileyvery-happy:

ChrisB

Announcements
New button for Platinum & Gold Subscription customers
Gold & Platinum Subscription customers can alert Autodesk if they require assistance with their forum post

Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.