Vault General Discussion

Contributor
JeffVN
Message 1 of 4 (507 Views)

Basic Vault Server Revision Management

507 Views, 3 Replies
01-05-2012 07:32 AM

Hey,

So we are looking at implementing a Vault Server, just using the basic Vault Server for now.  My one question is how are revisions handled in the basic Vault Server?

I know that to get the advanced revision control, you need to step up to Vault Workgroup, and I've found in depth articles on how that works, but when I look for Basic Vault revision management information, I've just seen comments saying it has some kind of basic revision control.

Right now when we make a new revision, we save a copy of all the required drawings as a .PDF with the revision number at the end of the file name (file name being the part number).   Then we change the revision number in the iProperties on Inventor, and make our revisions.

Do we have to do something similar under a Basic Vault installation?  

Thanks! 

Contributor
CADD-Co
Message 2 of 4 (385 Views)

Re: Basic Vault Server Revision Management

08-20-2012 05:41 PM in reply to: JeffVN

Anyone know the answer to the question above?? 

Cheers, Peter

*Expert Elite*
brendan.henderson
Message 3 of 4 (377 Views)

08-20-2012 11:00 PM in reply to: CADD-Co

I'm no authority on Vault Basic (or any other flavour-I'm just a user) but there really is no revision control/management functionallity in Basic. We manually track revisions but it gets messy, complicated and tedious.

We are upgrading to Workgroup in the first quarter of 2013 to get this enhanced feature and others.

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

New Blog | Old Blog | Google+ | Twitter

Inventor 2014 PDS Premium SP2 Update 2, Vault Professional 2014 Subs Release 1 & Update 1

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.

*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 4 of 4 (368 Views)

08-21-2012 06:14 AM in reply to: brendan.henderson

vault basic doesn't have revision management you would have to upgrade to vault workgroup: http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Vault/enu/Help/Help/0001-Using_Va1/0024-Work_wit24

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
New button for Platinum & Gold Subscription customers
Gold & Platinum Subscription customers can alert Autodesk if they require assistance with their forum post

Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.