Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic Vault Server Revision Management

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
JeffVN
1029 Views, 3 Replies

Basic Vault Server Revision Management

Hey,

So we are looking at implementing a Vault Server, just using the basic Vault Server for now.  My one question is how are revisions handled in the basic Vault Server?

I know that to get the advanced revision control, you need to step up to Vault Workgroup, and I've found in depth articles on how that works, but when I look for Basic Vault revision management information, I've just seen comments saying it has some kind of basic revision control.

Right now when we make a new revision, we save a copy of all the required drawings as a .PDF with the revision number at the end of the file name (file name being the part number).   Then we change the revision number in the iProperties on Inventor, and make our revisions.

Do we have to do something similar under a Basic Vault installation?  

Thanks! 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CADD-Co
in reply to: JeffVN

Anyone know the answer to the question above?? 

Cheers, Peter

Message 3 of 4
brendan.henderson
in reply to: CADD-Co

I'm no authority on Vault Basic (or any other flavour-I'm just a user) but there really is no revision control/management functionallity in Basic. We manually track revisions but it gets messy, complicated and tedious.

We are upgrading to Workgroup in the first quarter of 2013 to get this enhanced feature and others.

Brendan Henderson
CAD Manager

New Blog | Old Blog | Google+ | Twitter

Inventor 2016 PDSU Build 236, Release 2016.2.2, Vault Professional 2016 Update 1, Win 7 64 bit

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.

Message 4 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: brendan.henderson

vault basic doesn't have revision management you would have to upgrade to vault workgroup: http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Vault/enu/Help/Help/0001-Using_Va1/0024-Work_wit24

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report