Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AVFS - Autodesk Vault File Server 2015 installer link broken

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
scottmoyse
1238 Views, 4 Replies

AVFS - Autodesk Vault File Server 2015 installer link broken

If you are looking for the AVFS installer, the Vault Server installer has a link to it in the Tools & Utilities section. However, the link is currently broken.

Searching for it on the Knowledge Network will return a result. But here is a direct link to it for anyone searching on the forums. http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/vault-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-vault...

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
samuel.seah
in reply to: scottmoyse

Hi Scott,

Thanks for pointing this out, I'll get it fixed.

Regards,

Samuel

Message 3 of 5
samuel.seah
in reply to: scottmoyse

An update that the broken link is fixed and pointing to the correct location now.

Regards,

Samuel

Message 4 of 5
scottmoyse
in reply to: samuel.seah

Yup, I can confirm it's working at my end. Thanks.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 5 of 5
MetalBlade
in reply to: samuel.seah

A NEW BROKEN LINK(s):  please fix!:

Files for:
" AutoCAD SUITE Ultimate - 2015": missing, i.e. error: "file not found".
I only care for 64bit, but also broken is 32bit (if anyone cares).
Note:  versions of 2014 down to 2010 are there, so are 2015 (including 2015!) down to 2010 of Inventor or other Suite's I tried as a test, but NOT 2015 Autocad Suite Ultimate (BROKEN) !

Virtual Agent (you get there from Adesk's homepage --> Support/Downlaods --> "how to.." --> Virtual Agent.

==========

P.S.  PLEASE do NOT suggest to me to go other routes, like that lame Akamai D/L Manager from products webpage -->trial, subscription, etc.  I am not an amateur or born in the past 25 years, thus only accept own-controlled "normal" downloads i.e. download a stand-alone installer + by user's means (either WebBrowser's built in plumbing, for small files, or multi-thread D/L manager), etc. as computer knowledgeable people been doing for decades.  Don't send me to Clouds & other iNonsense, or clever ways to disguise forced installations for computer iDIOTS.  The installation should be offline, user-manageable, and if many people in recent years need assitance - they're NOT hard-core engineers.  I am stunned by how many recent folks can't get a simple thing like downloading a STAND-ALONE file, done (at least, using a normal WebBrowser & w/o assistance or infuriating "automatic instllation", or bootstrapping a tiny installation stub, that calls up an Internet connection to do the "real big download" after you run it, in general violating user's intention).
Please fix STAND-ALONE ("big") installers/downloads, well I know where they are at Autodesk's website working fine, except 2015 Autocad Ste Ultimate is broken, all else seems fine.

Just fix the link in the "NORMAL" download i.e. at Virtual Agent, stand-alone/offline installers.

Fact that Akamai or whatever Cloud fadbuss convoluted methods of donloading work, doesn't negate the fact your weblink is broken in VIrtual Agent.... where we, powerusers & computer knowledgeable engineers go, instead of Product Page -->trial.

P.P.S.  You don't even make possible to download with user's own (SUPERIOR) & Generic D/L manager, like FDM (Free Download Manager. dot ORG [not bogus.dot COM !!), and your Akamai is tailored for just Autodesk, makes as much sense to use as a special hat on Thursdays ONLY.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report