Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automiatic Purge?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
613 Views, 1 Reply

Automiatic Purge?

I want to set up my vaut to automatically purge older versions of my files. I want there to only be 10 versions of each file. Is there a way to do this? 

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
KooCheeKit
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

One way is to use Windows Task Scheduler together with command line to purge file versions, from wiki:

1. Make sure no users are connected to the vault.
  2. Run Connectivity.ADMSConsole.exe from a command line with the following switches:

-Opurge

The operation being performed (required). If this operation is executed without any other switches, the task will run based on revision and lifecycle rules without affecting uncontrolled files.

-Nvault name

The name of the vault to be purged (required).

-Stop

Halts the purge task while it is running.

-Normal

Sets the purge task to a normal system priority.

-KEEPVERSnumberX

Keep the latest X number of versions (optional). The value can range between 1 and 99. The default value is 1.

-MINAGEnumberX

Purge versions older than X number of days (optional). The value can range between 0 and 180. The default value is 0.

-EXCLCMTcomment

Purge versions that do not contain the specified comment (optional). The default value is an empty string, "".

-UNCONTROLLED

Purges versions based on default settings and the revision and lifecycle rules. If used in conjunction with -KEEPVERS, -MINAGE, or -EXCLMT, then the system purges uncontrolled files as well as files based on revision and lifecycle rules.

-VUusername

Vault administrator account user name (required).

-VPpassword

Vault administrator account password (required).

Example from Wiki

Connectivity.ADMSConsole.exe -Opurge -NVault -KEEPVERS10 -MINAGE180 -EXCLCMT"Do not purge" -VUadministrator -VPadmin

Chee-Kit
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report