Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic creation of visualization file on status change to release

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
srpack
848 Views, 5 Replies

Automatic creation of visualization file on status change to release

Hi,

I''m struggeling with this scenario:

I have a file in vault workgroup with status: "work in progress". This file has a updated visualization file in Vault. When i change the filestatus to "Released" the vizualization file is no longer up to date, and i have to update it manually. Is there any way to create the visualization file automatic when the file status is changed?

/Lars

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
spascual
in reply to: srpack

Hi srpac,

I'm have been able to see what you are saying in 2012 beta version

regards

Message 3 of 6
duayne.barr

In 2011 there is a way it's SUPPOSE to work but it does not for me.

Tools/ Admin/ Vault Settings/ Behaviors tab/ Lifecycles/ Select Scheme then edit/ Tranitions tab/ highlight WIP>Released/ Edit/ Actions tab/ Select the pull down for Sync properties/ Change to Sync properties and update view using Job server/ click the check box.

Again, I tried it and it still syncs the properties but does not update the view but it might work for you.

Message 4 of 6
srpack

Hi,

Have you logged this problem at Autodesk, or had them comment on the problem? The setting says "Syncronize properties and update view using job server", but job server only tries to syncronize properties (see screenshots in attached files). By the way, I don't understand why it should be nessecary to syncronize properties on a released file, when the properties has to be compliant to release the drawing.

Message 5 of 6
duayne.barr

i had looked at using that feature in te beginning but came to the same conclusion as you.  No need to regenerate a visual just on a release.  The only reason I can see it being needed is if you actually put the state on the drawing, which would be handy if someone plotted a WIP file.   I did not log an issue with Autodesk because I went a different route.  I changed the settings so that there was no alert on autocad generated DWFs and also set it so the DWF was not disconnected on a state change,  I created groups and my OPs people can now only see released drawings.  So linked DWFs on WIP files are not a big issue for me now.  Now the Engineers check in, getting s DWF created then, change the state to released and its all a done deal.

Message 6 of 6
hans.martin.haga

If you study the error log in detail, you will see that the process stops when trying to synchronize properties - as it has no write access to the released state. In effect, the DWF is never created.

The solution: Create a separate Vault user account for the JobProcessor and grant this user READ+WRITE access to the released state. This way, the Job Processor can successfully synchronize the properties (write to a released file) and will  create the DWF afterwards.

I usually grant the JobProccessor account administrator access and full (read/write/delete) access to every defined lifecycle state, to be sure that it never fails due to permission problems.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report