Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autoloader

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
MWY
197 Views, 4 Replies

Autoloader

I keep getting the error "length cannot be less than zero. Parameter name: length" when loading a specific folder (see attached). I'm guessing this could be an old Ipart were the table is incorrect, but when running Autoloader the program usually gives me a Unhandeled exception error and i have to quit. A few times Autoloader has made it past the initial scan, but it won't let me select the problem files to help debug. Usually I'll get the Unhandeled exception if i try to sort, or select a file.

These files might have been drawn in Inv 10, but I'm not sure. We are using Autoloader 2008 and Inv 2008.

Please help, I've been working on this folder for over a day now and can't seem to find the bad file.

thanks,
mike
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
polo.zhenshi
in reply to: MWY

Hi Mike,

Could you upload the dataset and the detailed log file,It will help our diagnosis. Thanks.
Or you can help to check whether this issue is caused by some files(especially .ipn) has an unresolved OLE link (you can see this in Inventor Edit->Links).

regards,
Polo
Message 3 of 5
MWY

I have attached the Log file (pretty sure this is the right one, I've been running a lot of tests) but I'm not sure what you mean by the dataset?

thanks,
mike
Message 4 of 5
MWY

This is the correct log file, I've been slowly copying small amounts of files into the Autoloader and finally found the problem. It's part # 123901.idw (see attached log file, part 123901 is at the bottom). I've opened up the drawing and didn't find any issues in the .ipt or .idw.

I'm sure there are other files like this one that will cause Autoloader to fail while loading up our entire Inv database. Is there a way to fix this?? Is the problem the custom .bmp file.....is it not finding it??

thanks,
mike
Message 5 of 5
polo.zhenshi

Hi Mikey,
I see in the log file it said cannot find the 'Screen_2&.bmp', may be you should create a Screen_2&.bmp in the workspace, and try again with the right ipj file.
Hope you can open the idw file in Inventor and change the Model to Vault to check everything is ok, and make sure the file can add to vault by inventor add-in. For the dataset, I mean could you upload the files you use, this will help our diagnosis, Thanks.

Regards,
Polo

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report