Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autoloader "Server Error"

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
saoodka
894 Views, 6 Replies

Autoloader "Server Error"

Hi,

I have recently installed Inventor 2012 with Vault 2012. Initially it was working fine, but lately it has started giving "Server Error" at the final stage of uploading for 34 out of 48 .iam files. The files are found lying in C:\temp.... It uploads 14 files smoothly.

All of these files smoothly open in Inventor from local workspace utlizing .ipt (both project specific and Content Center Files).

There is no problem with .ipt files.

There is more than enough room on Vault Server.

One thing I remember that I did before this problem started was to move .ipt files folder to under .iam files folder. I did this because Inventor was doing this by itself. It was storing the folders in Vault like this, so I though to do this arrangment myself. I don't know had it spoiled something or it was just a coincident. In fact, my second question is that why Autoloader or Vault is moving project specific .ipt files to under .iam files, where as in the local workspace they are lying side by side.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: saoodka

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this issue.

Few other information we need it to know more info on this issue.

> Please send us the Server Log from the ADMS console

> By any chance do you have these IAM files in the server already?

> What happens if you try the upload again?

> Do you have any other server you can try?

> How about other Dataset?

> If possible please send us a sample Dataset ( with all the Parts and Assemblies) so that we can give a try.

You can also refer the following white paper on "Best Practices for Loading Autodesk Inventor Data into Autodesk Vault"

http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/best_practices_for_using_autoloader1.pdf 

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!
Message 3 of 7
saoodka
in reply to: Senthil_Kumar

Hi Senthil,

Thanks for a prompt reply.

I had tried uploading again and again but same error appeared always. This morning when I tried the same, it went through smoothly. No clue what happened!!

Sending you yesterdays log file. 3 out of 4 pcs of the log file here. The last one in the next reply.

Message 4 of 7
saoodka

server log file Part 2 of 4

Message 5 of 7
saoodka

server log file Part 3 of 4

Message 6 of 7
saoodka

server log file Part 4 of 4

The problem started to appear at around 3:30.

Message 7 of 7
Senthil_Kumar
in reply to: saoodka

Thanks for sending the log files.

We looked into them and following are the 2 exceptions we see in them

AddFileExists
CheckinFailedAssociatedFileCheckedout

AddFileExists exception comes when you try to upload a file to vault but the same file already exists and 

CheckinFailedAssociatedFileCheckedout comes when you try to upload a file to vault but one the associated file to this file is already in vault and it is checked out

So ensure that you do not have same file in vault during upload.

Anyway now you said the issue is resolved after the 2nd try. If you are able to reproduce the issue again with steps please do let us know.

Senthil Kumar
Development Manager,
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report