Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autoloader - problems after scan

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
Anonymous
1548 Views, 14 Replies

Autoloader - problems after scan

After a succesful data scan and folder mapping I get message:

"cannot find the file in the source folder selected by the user" in a dialogue box.

When I clear the dialogue it returns to previous screen, so I'm stuck in the loop.

Any pointers?

Tags (1)
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Version is Vault Pro 2013
Message 3 of 15
olearya

Hi There, 

This may sometimes relate to bad data or dataset size.  Can you confirm that this does not happen with EVERY folder / dataset selected?  Can you try reducing the number of files selected and can you try opening and saving some of the larger files / assemblies in the scanned area to see if this resolves the issue?

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: olearya

Hi,
I can confirm this doesn't happen on any data set. It is a large data set, contained mainly in two top level folders, cross 'pollinated'.
Thanks for the pointers - I am currently scanning a much smaller subset of the two folders to see if I can successfully load one then the other main folders.
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous

Well, after successfully scanning approx. 1/2 the data set it eventually got through the unreserving/redirecting stage to then fail at the end of validating stage with 'failed to validate files' message (or similar, it's now gone) to then be presented with a 'back' button only. How can the scan succeed and then fail at this point?
Message 6 of 15
olearya

Hi, 

Have you been able to open some of the top level assemblies from this data set and ensure that they open correctly?

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous

Hi,

Yes I have - no problems opening anything. I set it uploading again & it's currently validating again at ~62k/~92k files.
Will see if it plays ball this time.

Regards,
Chris
Message 8 of 15
olearya

Hmm, OK, the failed validation is usually related to corrupt data but we might want to also look at things like disk space and the temp folder path.  If not already so you may want to try setting your system temp path to C:\Temp.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous

Well Ok! The validation has passed through this time (!?) - I only chose 'back' (only choice) then 'next' again. It's currently working on the 'specify subsets' part.
The only other strange thing that happened was on the first pass scanning a number of idw containing ipn which contained iam which had a level of detail set had "issues in children" on first scan - I think the issue was something like "error in scan" on the child iam. A simple rescan when complete then cleared these errors (successfully opened etc.).
Message 10 of 15
Anonymous

Still getting problems on the remainder of the data set.
Scan runs through with no errors, copies files then validation fails. If I click back & next like before Autoloader just bombs at some point after (i.e. crashes with no error, just disappears).
I found out how to enable logging for this stage and it throws the error shown below for 14 iam files.
All these files open in Inventor with no errors. I opened them all, rebuilt, saved, checked in all of them again with the same result. I am now using tasksched to migrate all but I expect the same result. I am losing so much time with this - the scan takes most of the day, the copy/redirect stage takes more than a day, as does the validation (which fails).
What does the error indicate? How do I fix it?

Exception Message: Unspecified error (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004005 (E_FAIL))
Exception StackTrace: at System.RuntimeType.ForwardCallToInvokeMember(String memberName, BindingFlags flags, Object target, Int32[] aWrapperTypes, MessageData& msgData)
at Inventor.BOMRow.get_TotalQuantity()
at InventorBOMUtility.BOMRowData.PopulateBOMRow(BOMViewEnum eViewId, BOMRow BOMrow, Boolean allLevels)
at InventorBOMUtility.BOMRowData..ctor(BOMViewEnum viewId, ComponentDefinition compDef, BOMRow bomRow)
at InventorBOMUtility.BOMRowData.UpdateChildBOMRowData(BOMViewEnum eViewId, ComponentDefinition compDef, BOMRow parentBomData, BOMRowData& childBOMRowData)
at InventorBOMUtility.BOMRowData.BuildChildBOMRows(BOMViewEnum viewId, BOMRowsEnumerator bomRows, Boolean allLevels)
at InventorBOMUtility.BOMRowData.BuildChildBOMRows(BOMViewEnum viewId, BOMRowsEnumerator bomRows, Boolean allLevels)
at InventorBOMUtility.BOMData.BuildFromBOMView(BOMViewEnum viewId, BOMView bomView)
at InventorBOMUtility.BOMData.MakeBOM(AssemblyComponentDefinition asmCompDef)
at BulkUpload.Model.InventorLoadEngine.BuildBOMDataForInventorFile(SourceFile file, ApprenticeServerDocument appDoc)
at BulkUpload.Model.InventorLoadEngine.InventorValidateFile(SourceFile file, List`1& issues)
at BulkUpload.Model.InventorLoadEngine.Validate(SourceFile file, List`1& issues)
at BulkUpload.Model.LoadEngines.FileValidate(SourceFile file)
Message 11 of 15
olearya

Hi Chris, 

You may need to look at creating a support case if this continues, but out of interest where are these files being bulk uploaded from?  Are you loading from your working folder?  

Apologies if this appears a silly question but often these are different locations and I want to make sure that the files you have opened, rebuilt, saved and checked in are the same files in the bulk loading directory - if you are still scanning the unmodified files you will still have an issue.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous

Hi Allan,
Files are uploaded from a local & dedicated 128GB SSD. This is the entire filestore. As I fix issues in the local copy I also fix the original vaulted files.
I've run another test after opening, saving, checking in all the parent files of the problem iam's, After 56 hours running (on a 3.3Ghz E5 dedicated server) autoloader is now approx 50% through the verify stage and I can already see the first 2 same files are in the error log. I expect the others will follow.
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous

Well I've now migrated the problem iams and will scan again.
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous

Hello everyone,

We have the same bug here as c.dewhurst. Some assemblies can be uploaded and some fails after the first scan found no errors. After the copy to the local temp, Autoloader drops an error message at the end of the validation saying "Impossible de valider les fichiers" (which means impossible to validate files).

And we can only click on back  button.

Best Regards and thanks in advance if somebody can help !

Configuration :

Autodesk Inventor 2017 with Windows 7 Pro 64 & Autodesk Vault 2017 Server Basic with Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Ed. 

Message 15 of 15
AlexErman

Hello all,

quite an old post, but we encountered the same issue at our customer - (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004005 (E_FAIL)) in log for several .iam files on Autoloader validation and managed to resolve the issue by disabling the structured and parts only tab in BOM for affected assemblies.

Don't know an exact reason for that, but it helped us to complete the transfer to vault.

Best regards,

Alex

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report