Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autoloader - mapping folders

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
mwyorns
1037 Views, 7 Replies

Autoloader - mapping folders

I read many posts, but I am such a novice at this that I am not sure if my question was answered. I am trying to upload files into an existing Vault, into existing folders. But I cannot figure out how to map the folders in Autoloader so the files go into the correct folders.

We are using Vault and Autoloader 2010. Screen shot 1 is our Vault folder structure.

I successfully uploaded all the files to Vault, but in the incorrect location. It is in a subfolder Solid Models under the main folder Solid Models. If I recall, I mapped the workspace to the Solid Models folder during the upload.

I am in the middle of my second attempt with Autoloader. I mapped the workspace to the Designs folder in Vault and enabled the direct link option. See screen shot 2 for the mappings. I am at the screen where you can review the files and their folder structure before uploading. I noticed it will create a subfolder Designs under the existing Designs folder! See screen shot 3. Not what I want. I think I want to map the workspace to the $ in Vault, but it will not allow me to do that.

For reference, see screen shot 4 for my project settings.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help.
IV 2011 Simulation SP2 64 bit
Windows 7 64 bit
Dell Precision M6500 8gb
NVIDIA Quadro FX 3800M 1gb
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Madhan_T
in reply to: mwyorns

Hi,

Please try the following solution to map the desire folder directly on the vault root $.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=9480434&linkID=9261340

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Madhan

Madhanagopal Thiruvenkatachalam
Principal Engineer
Engineering Escalation Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 8
mwyorns

Thanks for the reply. I actually got something to work - sort of. I think it boils down to which folder you pick in Select Data Source screen. I was picking the root directory so when the Map Folders came up, the root directory was listed as the folder that needed mapping. I picked this as the Data Source since, in my case, I wanted to upload everything in my worspace. So I tried again by picking the Designs folder as my Data Source and the Designs folder came us as the folder to map. I selected the Designs folder in my workspace and used the direct map option and it worked.

I say it sort of worked because the problem I have now is that several of my iAssemblies that were uploaded are not working. Are IAssemblies worth the trouble? That is a different post!
Windows 7 64 bit
Dell Precision M6500 8gb
Message 4 of 8
Madhan_T

Well. Good to know that you were able to upload the data using the "Direct Map" option.

Regarding the iAssembly, I will look in to that.

Regards,
Madhan

Principal Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 8
Madhan_T

Hi,

Could you please describe if you the same issue as I see with regard to iAssembly. I used Autoloader to upload iAssemblies and I was able to place iAssembly members but every time when I place I was prompted that the file was not in my workspace and do I need to get it from vault. When I choose "Yes to All", I was able to place the assembly. Are you concerned about the prompt?

Regards,
Madhan

Principal Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 8
mwyorns

Thanks for your persistance. Maybe we should start a new thread to make it easier for others to find in the future. Can you move these posts to a new thread?

IV 2010 SP2

A little background. My upper assemble, which is an iassy, is made up of several iassys which in turn are made up of iassys and/or iparts. Probable 3 or 4 levels deep. After creating the design I believe all the links worked. I was able to make all the instances in my upper assemble, so I assumed they worked. I then made some new parts that replaced some components in the upper assembly. When I loaded into vault, Autoloader did not flag any errors. However, after I did the upload, it errored on several parts and assemblies. One error was due to a missing file caused by me replacing it with another file. So what I was left with was a bunch of files transfered to the vault and a handful that were not. I am trying to input the handful that did not go by fixing them up and doing a Check In from Inventor. That is the plan at least. The problem is my iassemblies are bombing sometimes when I click on an instance. The iassy file opens and sometimes I am able to change the instance, sometimes not. When not, Inventor simply disappears. No error message. Since my web of iassys and iparts is so deep, I am having troubles troubleshooting the file that is corrupt. I guess some wires got crossed during the semi-successful (notice my unrelenting positive attitude) upload to the Vault.

I have been working on this way too long. If I can not get this to work soon, I will probably change my upper iassy into a regular assy. That is, if I can successfully pick the instance I want.
Windows 7 64 bit
Dell Precision M6500 8gb
Message 7 of 8
Madhan_T

Sure. I will start a new thread.

Regards,
Madhan

Principal Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 8
cwhetten
in reply to: Madhan_T

FYI, the link given above doesn't work anymore.  Use the following link istead:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/vault-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/...

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2014

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report