Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutodeskVault SQL service suddenly is stopped

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
spascual
390 Views, 6 Replies

AutodeskVault SQL service suddenly is stopped

Hi sirs,

I don't know exactly when, and why, sql service is stopped.

Windows 2008 server standard x64

Sql standard 2008 x64

adms 2011

domain user is executing the service.

Windows uodate is stopped.

Regards

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Andy.Spivey
in reply to: spascual

The Eventviewer logs should be able to indicate when the SQL service had stopped.

Are you able to restart the service?  Does an error occur after the service is restarted to cause it to stop again?

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 3 of 7
spascual

Hi Sir,

I have discovered that it happens when we restart the server.

SQL services are running under a domain user and they don't start automatically although they are configured to do it.

Some idea ?

windows standard 2008 sp2

regards

Message 4 of 7
Andy.Spivey

Are there are errors or failure in the windows event viewer logs that indicate a failure?

When you manually start the MSSQL$AutodeskVault service, does any error or dialog appear?

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 5 of 7
spascual
in reply to: Andy.Spivey

Hi sir,

If I try to start the service manually, it ask for me to configure again the password for domain user.

Well, I have installed all windows updates and I have restart the server and has gone well.

???????????

Thanks. I keep on alert

Message 6 of 7
Andy.Spivey

The service may have an old or incorrect domain password then - and when you manually try to start the service you are forced to enter the correct password.

It sounds like you have already, but if not please edit the MSSQL$AutodeskVault service and re-enter the logon credentials to ensure the password associated to the service is correct.

Proactivly, you can check the domain user associated to the SQL service and exclude it from any domain password restrictions (force password changes after 60 days, etc)

Andy Spivey
SQA Engineer
Message 7 of 7
spascual
in reply to: Andy.Spivey

Many thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report