Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autodesk Vault Server Installation Issues

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jdavis
640 Views, 2 Replies

Autodesk Vault Server Installation Issues

Our company decided to go ahead with installing Vault Basic 2012. Right now I am setting up Vault Server on a Windows 7 Computer. It is installed with no errors, but when I open up the Autodesk Data Management Server Console 2012 icon, it tells me "User 'Vault-PC\AutodeskVault' is unable to locate directory 'C\Users\Vault\Desktop\data\Vault' for vault 'Vault'." Not entirely sure what this means. I can hit "OK" and it takes me to the login screen. The username is filled in with 'Administrator' and the Password is blank. I go to hit OK and it tells me that they are both Invalid. Can anyone lead me in the right direction here. I'm sure it is simple, but I'm just not getting it. Thanks.

Vault error.jpgVault error 2.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
olearya
in reply to: jdavis

Hi there,

This is an "interesting" issue.  If you go and rerun the server diagnostic tool from start > programs are there now any issues?

Can you try logging onto the machine as a different user and attempting to log on?  Is UAC enabled on this machine?  And finally can you get access to the ADMS log files - these are located in C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\VaultServer\FileStore

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
ryan
in reply to: jdavis

I encountered this issue today and stumbled across this thread in hopes of finding a resolution.

In my case it seemed that the AUTODESKVAULT impersonation account no longer had access to the filestore directory and after adjusting the folder security and adding the AUTODESKVAULT and NETWORK SERVICE accounts to the directory with Full Control, all was well.

So, just leaving an FYI in case someone helps has this problem.

Ryan Small
National Team Leader, Data Management and Software Development
SolidCAD, a Cansel Company (an Autodesk Platinum Partner)
www.solidcad.ca

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report